cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Blast Maximum Number of Call CME 8.5

canowlin
Level 1
Level 1

I read somewhere that the maximum number of calls in a Call Blast group would be = to the max DN's of the lowest phone. Meaning if I had 3 Octal Line phones and 1 dule  line in the blast grroup my max calls would be equal to the dual line phone. Can anyone veriify this. I belive I read this in the SRND.

Thanks in Advance.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From CME Admin Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1145800

If call-waiting is enabled (the default), parallel hunt groups support  multiple calls up to the limit of call-waiting calls supported by a  particular SIP phone model. You may not want to use unlimited  call-waiting, however, with parallel hunt-groups if agents do not want a  large number of waiting calls when they are already handling a call.

If call waiting is disabled, parallel hunt groups support only one call  at a time in the ringing state. After a call is answered (by one of the  phones in the hunt group), a second call is allowed. The second and  subsequent calls ring only the idle phones in the hunt group, and bypass  the busy phone that answered the first call (because this phone is  connected to the first call). After the second call is answered, a third  call is allowed, and so on until all the phones in the parallel hunt  group are busy. The hunt group does not accept further calls until at  least one phone returns to the idle/on-hook state.

When two or more phones within the same parallel hunt group attempt to  answer the same call, only one phone can connect to the call. Phones  that fail to connect must return to the on-hook state before they can  receive subsequent calls. Calls that arrive before a phone is placed  on-hook are not presented to the phone. For example, if a second call  arrives after Phone 1 has answered the original call, but before Phone 2  goes back on-hook, the second call bypasses Phone 2 (because it is  offhook).

When a phone returns to the idle/on-hook state, it does not  automatically re-synchronize to the next call waiting to be answered.  For example, in the previous scenario, if the second call is still  ringing Phone 3 when Phone 2 goes on-hook, Phone 2 does not ring because  it was offhook when the second call arrived.

HTH,

Chris

I saw that, these are skinny phones does the same rule apply you think?

I believe so, as this feature used to be only available with SIP until version 4.3 of CME, seems to me Cisco did not properly changed the document.

HTH,

Chris

I know this is the case, Iā€™ve seen in action. Was just looking for a second opinion. As for the updating of Cisco Docā€™s. Well anyone that works Cisco knows all this to be very true.

Thanks a lot and have a great day.

I am on 8.5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: