Views
Helpful
Replies

Call codec issue with G729

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Networkers,

We have a CUCM 8.5(1) cluster (1 PUB + 2 Subscribers).

We're using CIPCs only (Internal DNs 1XXX). we have an AS5350-XM [ IOS 15.1(1)T2 ] Voice Gateway with isdn links to the PSTN. We're using a very basic configuration.

we have the following call scenario : Agent Calls via CIPC PSTN number -> Route Pattern -> RouteList -> Route group -> H323 Gateway (AS5350-XM) -> Controller E1.

The issue is that the call leg between the CIPC and the VG is on G729 ! I don't know what happened and evry outgoing call through the Gateway is with G729 ! it was with G711 before !

CIPCs and Gateway are all in the same device pool. I checked and found that the VoIP dial-peer poiting to the CIPC extensions is already configured in the voice gateway and is using G711ulaw.

We made a CUMC packet capture and found that the Gateway is forcing the codec negociation to G729 !

Can you please advice ?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By any chance do you have the optimize for low BW option checked in the CIPCs?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I have already checked this and it is unchecked

i made a packet capture from CUCM and saw that the VG is forcing the codec to G729 on the OLC (open logical channel) h323 signalling.

Didn't know why !

Any ideas ?

Hi,

what is your configuration in voice port (E1) on VGW AS5350, and whats the capture between CIPC and VGW.

Regards

Sabah Awni