cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call completes but no sound on either end

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

I do not know much about the setup yet but I was just hoping for some ideas on what to look at, or possible causes. I have a few sites that the call completes but no one can hear any sounds for site to different site only. Internal to the same site work fine and external calls work fine as well. This a centralized setup and hub and spoke between the sites. It is a newer deployment but not sure of the versions yet.

Mike

5 Replies 5

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

your issue is related to routing configuration. check your connection between voice vlans. if your phones ring to each other, that means call signaling works fine.

HTH
Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks and I am looking into that. Also there is an ASA5505 on each side so I may need to open things up there and I am looking to see what now. If anyone knows what I need to configure on the ASA's let me know.

Mike

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Mike,

if you have skinny phones you need to open skinny ports. also you have to open RTP ports.
skinny ports are port 2000 tcp and udp
rtp ports 16384-32767 udp.

HTH
Anas

please rate if it is helpful

in my experience and normal cause posted here is call routing issue. please check traceroute results between the two ip phones segment. i think signaling happens between ip phones and CUCM and not between two ip phones, so media or voice traffic path (routing) needs to be checked.

Abhishek Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check whether the gateway has MTP unchecked. Also make sure the Media Resources are allocated correctly on the devices .

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar