cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call does not complete

pluedke1107
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning -     I have a user who is trying to dial out to a 802 and 870 area codes.    The calls will not complete.     After he dials the number, the call just hangs in limbo.    We have tried dialing other numbers with these area codes and the calls complete so it should not be in the route pattern.   Since the call does not complete, I cannot see it in the CDR logs.    Is there another way to view where the call is hanging?    I am not very familiar with looking at the CISCO logs but could if I knew which log to look at.

All other long distance calls to other area codes complete normally.

Thanks for any insights.

Pat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you can make a test call and capture the 'debug isdn q931' logs from the GW now. Please include the calling & called numbers.

Please rate all the useful posts

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Pat,

what is the call flow? ex: IP phone---sccp---CUCM----H.323/MGCP GW----T1 PRI-----PSTN?

- we need to check whether the calls are hitting the GW

- if no, it could be css issue.

- if it is coming to GW, we need to check who is disconnecting the call by taking relevant logs.

//Suresh

The call flow  example is correct.       I am not sure how to tell if the call is hitting the gateway.

you can make a test call and capture the 'debug isdn q931' logs from the GW now. Please include the calling & called numbers.

This issue has resolved itself.    The problem was with the telco.    Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: