Helpful
Replies

call forwading and calling party number display

fly
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

A,B are cisco ip phone ,registe at CUCM

A call B, B call forward to pstn or another voip gateway,   call pstn have to dial 0,xxxxxxx,call voip gateway dial xxxx.

I want to

if B call forward A to pstn (0,xxxxxx), I can send B phone number as calling number.

if B call forward A to voip gateway(xxxx), I can send A phone number as calling number.

is there possible, I study translation partern, and transform pattern, but can't find a solution.

thank you!

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What is the protocol is used between your CUCM and your gateways? Are you having separate gateways for PSTN and VoIP.

Assuming that you are using SIP trunk between CUCM and your gateways, what you are looking for is controlled by a parameter called "Calling Party Selection" which can be configured on the SIP trunk. Configure two trunks (one for each gateway) and modify this parameter for the VoIP gateway to be "First Redirect Number". For PSTN gateway, leave this parameter default which is originator.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

What is the protocol is used between your CUCM and your gateways? Are you having separate gateways for PSTN and VoIP.

Assuming that you are using SIP trunk between CUCM and your gateways, what you are looking for is controlled by a parameter called "Calling Party Selection" which can be configured on the SIP trunk. Configure two trunks (one for each gateway) and modify this parameter for the VoIP gateway to be "First Redirect Number". For PSTN gateway, leave this parameter default which is originator.

Hi mohammed

Thank you!

can i config two seperae sip trunk to same gateway ip address,

because customer just have only one gateway router

if customer using h323 or MGCP gateway, can we achive this by config two seperate gateway?

but mgcp is a client server architechture, if we just have only one gateway router,i think i can't achive this

than you!

tom

Hi,

You configure multiple trunks with different names to the same IP.

The same setting can be applied to H323 or MGCP.

In the case of MGCP, you can't have VoIP network as MGCP endpoints should be connected to PSTN only (you need to configure the endpoint details in CUCM such as Digital Access PRI, etc).

Hi,

got is , becase customer haven't use dns, so i suggest customer config two ip address on router. may be need test.

can i configt tranlation pattern or tranformation pattern in CUCM to match redirect calling number and replace calling number with redirect calling number. suca as

B redirect to pstn,using 0.xxxxxxx,when match 0.xxxxxx, CUCM replace calling number with  redirect number

B redirect to voip gateway,using XXXX, when match XXXX,cucm keep original dialing number?

but I can't find some method to config like this, because there is no condition match and relpace calling number with redirect number

thank you!

Jun li

Do you mean that you want to match the redirecting number and accordingly change the calling number display?

yes ,if redirect to 0.xxxxxxx(through pstn) we want send redirect number (Phone B) number as calling number

if redrect to xxxx (throug voip) we want t send orginal number(Phone A) as calling number.

but all are going through sam router!

I think I answered this unless I am missing something.

Create two trunks for two route patterns. Both trunks can point to same router. On one trunk keep the calling number as originator while on the other use First Redirect Number as calling number.

I understand,

I consider is there any other medthod to achive this

You can use transformation patterns with redirecting CSS at the gateway level.

thank you how can i config transfomation pattern with redirecting css?

thank you! we choose create two sip trunk!

Perfect ... Great to see things working.

Please mark the question as answered and remember to rate useful posts.

i found it's been already rated and marked, thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: