cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward Activation on Telco Switch using Keypad Facility IE

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

Sorry gents for this lengthy post, but I guess my issue needs some clarification.

In my country, ISDN subscribers can activate supplementary services (e.g. CFU, CFB, CFNA) directly on the Telco Network (this is a typical SOHO Feature). The following lines are taken from the Telco's UNI Specification:

The keypad protocol enables the user to manage (i.e. to program, activate, deactivate and interrogate) some supplementary services. The procedures are similar to those used for normal en-bloc call set-up, with the difference that the Keypad facility information element is used instead of the called party number. The public network reacts with cause values and, depending on the Bearer capability, with tones and announcements.

The user can initialize the keypad procedure by sending a SETUP message to the public network containing the following information elements :

- Bearer capability / Information transfer capability: speech, or 3.1 kHz audio, or unrestricted digital information with tones/announcements, or unrestricted digital information

- Channel identification: as for normal call set-up

- Keypad facility / Keypad information: sequence of IA5 characters, dependent on the specific supplementary service.

Sample Service: CFU

Keypad information (IA5 characters): *67<CFU Destination>#

Announcement: service activated, the registered number is ...

I just can't find a way to put the string into a Keypad Facility IE rather than a Called Party Number IE:

178090: Mar 20 14:21:00 CET: ISDN BR2/1 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x2E

Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = 3.1kHz Audio

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0x81

Preferred, B1

Progress Ind i = 0x8183 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Calling Party Number i = 0x0180, 'YYYYYYY'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '*21XXXXXXXXXX#'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

178091: Mar 20 14:21:00 CET: ISDN BR2/1 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0xAE

Cause i = 0x829C - Invalid number format (incomplete number)

Can anyone think of a way to make use of these features in a Cisco CCM/CCME/IOS Gateway environment? Any Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

/David

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Interesting. These are ISDN things that cisco often is slow in picking up.

Now, TCL/IVR has support for sending facility IE, although I never tried that.

I would be delighted in writing some script that let you interact with the supplementary services, but even for a prototype only, I would need access to a router for testing (TCL/IVR is a lot of trial and error), and some help in defining what the script does and how.

Let me know.

Try

dial-peer voice xxx pots

destination-pattern *21XXXXXXXXXX#

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

progress_ind disconnect enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port x/x

forward-digits all

I think Setup is suppose to be 8 but, it doesn't allow it. You should need disconnect but I believe connect and progress is optional

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: