Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward All not working correctly CUCM 11.5

chrisbuchner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am trying to figure out why call forward all is not working the way I want it to.

Currently I have a Route Pattern for Mobile Calls External which is set to OFFNET since it will leave CUCM.

0.0[678][0-9]XXXXXXX (Offnet Mobile Calls) Drop digit before dot

I have an E1 PRI configured with Presentatioons Settings set to Originator and default. Calls Come In over PRI

However Calls Leave over a separate "GW" which is a SIP Trunk connection which uses Least Cost Routing called MTN. Call classification is set to OFFnet.

So Calls come in over PRI to IP Phone. Calls Leave from IP Phone to Route Pattern linked with Route list that has MTN as the first choice for calls.

What is happening with the call is the following: 

DN is 2014 with CFA to 0082 123 1234 

I phone from my Mobile 084 321 4321

082 123 1234 Rings with Unknown number as Caller ID

Picks up the call I 084 321 4321 can hear him but he cant hear me and after 15 seconds call drops.

What am I missing?!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can manipulate CLI in so many places. On CUCM best practice today is to use calling party transformation and then apply to either the gateway or the phone ( either on the device or device pool) depending on what you want to achieve

I am glad we have been able to help. Don't forget to rate the posts. We live on stars here :)

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi, 

On the SIP trunk, can you change the setting Calling Party Selection to First Redirect Number (External)

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for your reply. I have managed to get the phones number to display however I am now left with the call disconnection after 15 seconds exactly.

External Caller > 7941 SIP Phone CFA to my external Mobile Number > Call Rings > Call Connects

External Caller can hear me But I can not hear them after 15 seconds call drops.

Any Idea what I am missing? 

What is the protocol between cucm and the gateway that has the sip trunk. Is this also SIP?

Did you configure the correct SIP bind statements on the correct interfaces on this gateway

Can you send a sh run of your gateway and also the following

debug ccsip messages.

Please include calling and called and forwarded number

Hi Ayodeji,

I managed to fix the issue of the call disconnection it was the Media termination point setting that was required in the Media Resource Group.

I am now left with the external number not being displayed as the forwarded number it is showing my office number instead.

I have Caller ID DN set to 041996XXXX without it it shows the Main office number.

External caller number 1234

Office number 2012

CFA number 4321

On phone 4321 I see 2012 instead of 1234 when external number dials 2012 which forwards all calls to 4321.

Regards,

I am not a fan of using MTP for all calls. In most deployment today, if you configure your system correctly you should not need any MTP resources. The question is why does CUCM need MTP for the call? You need to answer that question before you use it otherwise you are just pushing your troubles further down the line

Call forwarding and CLI display is a tricky one. 

Here are the challenges

1. Most Telcos or ITSP will not allow you to present a CLI that is not part of your DDI range over their trunk. They dont own that number hence they cant allow you to present it. You can pay for this service, its not allowed by default. In this scenario what will happen is that your telco will replace the CLI with your main office number as you are experiencing

2. The other option is to change the Calling Party Selection to First Redirect Number (External) as Mohammed suggested and in this case it will show your office number

Hope this helps. Don't forget to rate useful posts

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for pointing out the issue with MTP, I will look further into it and try to eliminate it everything else works besides External to External CFA.

With Challenge one I have set the Mask to a different number and it did go out with that number out range is 041996XXXX and I used 011248XXXX and it worked fine.

Previously we used CME. where there isn't as much places to manipulate the CLI output that gets displayed.

Places I know you can change it are:

Route Group

Route Pattern

SIP TRUNK

Gateway

It might be that I don't have the same settings in each place? Like Mohammed said.

I will look into this thanks!

Regards,

You can manipulate CLI in so many places. On CUCM best practice today is to use calling party transformation and then apply to either the gateway or the phone ( either on the device or device pool) depending on what you want to achieve

I am glad we have been able to help. Don't forget to rate the posts. We live on stars here :)

Thank you for all the input and information!

You guys pointed me in the best direction thanks!

Best Regards,

Chris

Hi Mohammed,

I managed to sort the issue I needed to add MTP to my Media Resource Group.

Do you perhaps know why the forward CALLER ID is showing my office number instead of the person callings number?

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: