cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward All works on internal but not external

tdonlin138
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a call forwarding issue at one of our sites.  External calls go through without a problem. 

I am able to call forward all to an internal number.  But when I forward to an external number, it rings, and I get the "call cannot be completed as dialed" message.  On the router, one of our network admins did a cal trace and saw a 408 Request Timeout on any calls being forwarded externally.

I checked the CSS and all looks fine there.  Any other suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

11 Replies 11

Hi Thomas,

Did you assign the Phone's Line Forwall ALL CSS?

For outgoing call, are you using Force Authorization Code? If this is the case, you will need to desactivated it for forwarded calls.

Please rate all useful posts
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles.

I assigned the same CSS for the phone and the line.

We are not using Forced Authorization Codes

It is not the line CSS that controls the call forwarding, you need to assign call forward all CSS.

Chris

I said: Line Forwall ALL CSS

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

If this is a SIP service provider, they may have restrictions of calling numbers, or need some kind of diversion header.

Mary Beth

I think Maharris have a point here... it could be the reason.

Could you please confirm if the call is at least be routing by the gateway?

You definitely do need the forward all CSS, but the fact that they saw activity at the gateway implies it is getting past that point, I think..

Mary Beth

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Dear

I hope this will help you , please try this .This problem may be  occurs when you make an inside call from an external device and the internal device forwards the call to another external device on the CFA condition by using the original external device number as the calling number. Since this calling number is not part of the subscribed direct inward dial (DID) numbers, the carrier rejects the phone call for the reason of invalid phone number.

Please on the call manager > gateway>Calling party selection > choose " first redirect number" .

Thank you

Please rate if this will help

You can do that, as long as it puts in the whole registered number rather than an internal ext, which would would have to expand, but some people really want to see the original calling number.  If the carrier allows Diversion headers (we did nto used to, but do now), you can set Redirecting Number IE Delivery (as long as your cucm is 7.1.3 or later)

Mary Beth

hmm - a little digging on error 408, and if this call was originating from the PSTN, that could have been the response back to the originator, and what should have happened next is a reinvite to the forwarded number, so it could be the CFA CSS, or they are not recognizing the second half of the forward conversation when they watch router..

Mary Beth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: