Views
Helpful
Replies

call forward from mobile device with dtmf signals

born.jason
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a question. I have read for a while that it is possible to forward a call or set the call on hold from a remote destination with DTMF signals.

For example:

1. Call come in to office phone
2. Remote Destination rings and accepted the call
3. forward with a DTMF (e.g. *60#) signal the call to another person

This schould be performed from the mobile device? Could someone point me to the right direction on cisco.com support?

But i can`t find the document on cisco.com :-(

Thanks
Jason

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nizar Abuseni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jason,

There is no option for Forward a call when you are connected in GSM. Maybe you mean Transfer which is available option.

Also there is other features you can do when you are in GSM connect state:

•Receiving an outside call on desk phone or mobile phone—An outside caller dials the user desktop extension. The desk phone and mobile phone ring simultaneously. When the user answers one phone, the other phone stops ringing. The user can switch from the desk phone to a mobile phone during a call without losing the connection. Switching gets supported for incoming and outgoing calls.

•Moving back from a mobile phone to a desk phone—If a call was initiated to or from the desk phone and then shifted to the mobile phone, the call can get shifted back to the desk phone.

•Using midcall enterprise features—During a Mobile Connect call, users can perform midcall functions, including hold/resume, exclusive hold, transfer, directed call park, and conference.

For more information please check the following link:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1211333

Best regards,
Nizar

View solution in original post

Hello,

No session Hand of will not forward the call, it will end the call. and regarding the transfer:

(1) Enterprise  Feature Access (EFA) is used to transfer / conference  calls from the  cell phone - this feature has no IVR and requires  manual DTMF input.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1324052 should help

For EFA , you would

- Configure EFA number (accessible from PSTN) under Call Routing > Mobility Configuration

- Cisco Callmanager service parameter for EFA to true

- Configure the gateway dialpeers to route the inbound EFA call to CallManager

- Initial outbound call leg to the cell phone (SNR call) should select a non-zero dial-peer

EFA   is pretty hard to get working, and even then, it is difficult to   remember the exact pin sequence (as there is no prompt to guide you)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1079592

Best regards,

Nizar

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Nizar Abuseni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jason,

There is no option for Forward a call when you are connected in GSM. Maybe you mean Transfer which is available option.

Also there is other features you can do when you are in GSM connect state:

•Receiving an outside call on desk phone or mobile phone—An outside caller dials the user desktop extension. The desk phone and mobile phone ring simultaneously. When the user answers one phone, the other phone stops ringing. The user can switch from the desk phone to a mobile phone during a call without losing the connection. Switching gets supported for incoming and outgoing calls.

•Moving back from a mobile phone to a desk phone—If a call was initiated to or from the desk phone and then shifted to the mobile phone, the call can get shifted back to the desk phone.

•Using midcall enterprise features—During a Mobile Connect call, users can perform midcall functions, including hold/resume, exclusive hold, transfer, directed call park, and conference.

For more information please check the following link:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1211333

Best regards,
Nizar

ah sorry, i meant call transfer. This sould be possible right?

Hello Jason,

Yes it is possible.

Best regards,

Nizar

so i have to configure "Session Handoff Using DTMF Tones" for call forward ?

update:

hmm no i want to forward the call to a specific number or different persons.... its not the same number all the time...

update:

ok, i have tried to set the call on hold with *82 and resume the call with *83. This works fine. But if i try to transfer the call with *84#<5 digit internal number> nothing happens. How should i perform the transfer?

Hello,

No session Hand of will not forward the call, it will end the call. and regarding the transfer:

(1) Enterprise  Feature Access (EFA) is used to transfer / conference  calls from the  cell phone - this feature has no IVR and requires  manual DTMF input.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html#wp1324052 should help

For EFA , you would

- Configure EFA number (accessible from PSTN) under Call Routing > Mobility Configuration

- Cisco Callmanager service parameter for EFA to true

- Configure the gateway dialpeers to route the inbound EFA call to CallManager

- Initial outbound call leg to the cell phone (SNR call) should select a non-zero dial-peer

EFA   is pretty hard to get working, and even then, it is difficult to   remember the exact pin sequence (as there is no prompt to guide you)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1079592

Best regards,

Nizar

Thanks Nizar.

It worked but you are right it is very difficult to remember :-)

Ok, do you know if there is a way to make it easier to insert the exact pin sequence? I mean, the EFA number is no problem as speeddial. But if i connected i dont want to enter the pin sequence. Is there something like a script app for iphone / android?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: