Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward from Unity to CUCM

vinojesh1994
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have made a CFW ALL to Voicemail on the site Main number and created a Call Handler for the main number on the unity. So whenever customers call main number, they will hear the greeting and while greeting plays if they press 0, it will get forward to operator.

My question is, Is it possible for the customers to dial a 5 digits extension of the users to reach them from the unity without the help of operator while greeting plays?

Looking for your stunning answer.....

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, enable this:

Allow Caller Input

Check this check box to enable caller input for the greeting. The Caller Input page defines the actions that Cisco Unity takes in response to touchtone keys pressed by callers. Click the Caller Input link to view the Caller Input page.

Default setting: Check box checked.

And then this:

Allow Callers to Dial an Extension During Greeting

Check this check box to allow callers to enter an extension while a greeting plays. Use in conjunction with the Lock This Key check box to allow callers to enter some extensions but not others.

For Cisco Unity to recognize caller input during a subscriber greeting, the Allow Caller Input check box must be checked on each applicable Greetings page.

Default setting: Check box checked.

Assuming you've changed those settings, because by default you should be able to dial a subscriber DN already without doing anything else.

Have you tried it?

Cisco Unity 8.x Call Handler Settings

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/8x/interface_reference/guide/8xcugrg070.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks for your reply.

One thing I wanted to make sure, if Unity transfers the call to the CUCM from the digits dialed by the user while greeting plays, does it mean that the extension should have got a Voicemail account. i.e user dials 10084 extension while greeting plays, if the unity has to transfer the call to CUCM, do we need a Voice mail account for 10084 and set the call transfer option to 10084?

Looking for your response.....

Thanks in advance  

Couple of things about that.

a) unless you're using a call system transfer which allows you to dial anything your restriction tables allow you to, from a regular subscriber/call handler if the DN you're dialing is not already in Unity (meaning something must have it configured) you cannnot dial it to transfer

b) yes, under the transfer settings you need to configure the option to ring the phone.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Does it mean that if u wanna transfer the call to CUCM and ring the phone from unity, unity should have got the voice mail or call handler be configured?

Is there any other way of transfering the call to CUCM while greeting plays without having VM or call handler?

My requirement is,

I have got more than 200 extensions are being used by the users.

5digits extension(10000-10300).

The customers always call main number and it will get forward to Voicemail. I have configured a Call handler for the main number. So whenever they call main number, they will hear the greeting. While greeting plays, the customers should be able to dial any extensions from the range(10000-10300) and getting the call be transferred to the particular extension. This is what my requirement. My problem is, I have got voicemail configured for some of the extensions, but some of them don't have voicemail. I can use the call transfer option to transfer the call for the extensions having voicemail.

What should I do to transfer the call for the extensions without having voicemail or call handler?

Send them to a call system handler and that way they can dial anything your restriction tables allows.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

HTH

java