Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward if busy

AliyevRas
Level 1
Level 1

hi everyone

I have CUCM version 10.5 and would like forward call to some IVR or annunciator which will notice the user about  busy state of called line and  will wait until the line will not go to idle state. So , I think we can configure Forward Busy Internal Forward Busy External to some number , for example to CCX IVR. My question is , can we create from CCX editor some script that will always play Notification About Busy line and forward call to number from with it came.And this script will play file and transfer call always until the line will not go to idle state.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can do this. Its very simple t implement but this doesnt make any logical sense and it will be annoying for the caller.

To do it, you simply configure a CFB on the line and set the CTI_RP number of UCCX here.

Then on UCCX, you create a script that will record the ANI of the caller, play a prompt and then after the prompt is played, transfer the call to the ANI you recorded.

Thats all.

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well as Ayodeji correctly mentioned it can be achieved through UCCX. Can you explain below statement in detail:

forward call to number from with it came.And this script will play file and transfer call always until the line will not go to idle state.

Assuming below two possible scenarios:

1) You want the call to be forwarded to the same number (Actual ANI) from which it originated i.e., the PSTN number. So at this point PSTN caller is already connected listening to busy message and then suddenly a call comes to him/her as Waiting and then what????? Silence

2) You want the call to be forwarded to the number (Original DNIS) for which it came, in this case the agent/user is still busy so what call will again came back to UCCX, play the script and then again will go in the loop

So this will continue till when we don't know. Why don't you perform a check for 2, 3 maybe 4 times and if user is still busy disconnect the call. The reason I am giving this option is because from a caller perspective how annoying this will be to listen same message again and again. Eventually he/she might disconnect that does not give a very good user experience in real world. Rather we should proactively decide in the script for how long we want the caller to wait before disconnecting the call or maybe giving an option of a callback.

BTW, if you need above scenario to be configured in script feel free to let me know and I will do that.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can do this. Its very simple t implement but this doesnt make any logical sense and it will be annoying for the caller.

To do it, you simply configure a CFB on the line and set the CTI_RP number of UCCX here.

Then on UCCX, you create a script that will record the ANI of the caller, play a prompt and then after the prompt is played, transfer the call to the ANI you recorded.

Thats all.

Please rate all useful posts

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well as Ayodeji correctly mentioned it can be achieved through UCCX. Can you explain below statement in detail:

forward call to number from with it came.And this script will play file and transfer call always until the line will not go to idle state.

Assuming below two possible scenarios:

1) You want the call to be forwarded to the same number (Actual ANI) from which it originated i.e., the PSTN number. So at this point PSTN caller is already connected listening to busy message and then suddenly a call comes to him/her as Waiting and then what????? Silence

2) You want the call to be forwarded to the number (Original DNIS) for which it came, in this case the agent/user is still busy so what call will again came back to UCCX, play the script and then again will go in the loop

So this will continue till when we don't know. Why don't you perform a check for 2, 3 maybe 4 times and if user is still busy disconnect the call. The reason I am giving this option is because from a caller perspective how annoying this will be to listen same message again and again. Eventually he/she might disconnect that does not give a very good user experience in real world. Rather we should proactively decide in the script for how long we want the caller to wait before disconnecting the call or maybe giving an option of a callback.

BTW, if you need above scenario to be configured in script feel free to let me know and I will do that.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak Rawat

I did it with Get Call Contact Info . Script dynamically learning Redirected Number, play prompt , after prompt end he forward call to the number which redirected.
But know i need some other feature.
While prompt playing i want script to monitor line status , if line goes idle state he must immediately transfer call to the redirect number. I don't want wait until prompt will end

Well that is not possible since UCCX cannot monitor the line for the user this way. UCCX can only monitor the line status for the users and can interrupt the prompt when below conditions are met

1) The destination to which call needs to be Transferred should be UCCX/IPCC agent

2) Call should be in the queued branch of Select Resource step.

It will not work with Call Redirect however you can try one thing just for test purpose. Assign the IPCC extension at the end user level for the user which you are doing tests with. Also add his/her phone to the RmCm controlled list, this way user will become an IPCC agent so condition 1 is ok.

As mentioned above not sure if this will work as the call to the user is getting xferred as part of Call Redirect and not Select Resource but worth giving a try.

Regards

Deepak

I think this will not work. Because user must login to his/her finesse/desktop agent . Without login the script will not use Select Resource , he just will take  call to the MOH .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: