user101111
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who is requesting the below functionality:

Phone A (Internal VoIP or External)
Phone B (Internal VoIP)
Phone C (External)

Phone B and C have different phone numbers. We're running CUCM version 10.5

Phone B is configured to forward all calls to Phone C. When Phone A calls Phone B, the call is forwarded to Phone C. If Phone C does not answer they want to see a missed call notification on Phone B (which includes Phone A's phone number). I'm not sure if this is possible but wanted to ask before I tell them it can't be done.

* Update*

I found a workaround: Set Phone B to only forward calls on no-answer and set the no-answer for that DN to 1 ring.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's not possible, for a phone to have a missed call, it has to ring, and with CFA that does not happen.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Please see if Missed call Notifications device section can play you the trick

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/12x/administration/guide/b_12xcucsag/b_12xcucsag_chapter_01101.html#ID-2415-00000039

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Thank you for the reply. The issue is less to do with voicemail. I edited my original post to reflect notifications for only missed calls.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's not possible, for a phone to have a missed call, it has to ring, and with CFA that does not happen.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That works for me. Thank you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: