cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call-Forward No answer to PSTN in SRST

bill.roland
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I am trying to figure out if it is possible to configure call-foward no answer while in SRST mode to the PSTN.  Essentially, my offices call-forward to an answering service at 5pm each night for afterhours phone coverage.  If we have a network outage and the router falls back to SRST, and somebody calls, the phone will ring forever.  What I would like to do is program it so that after x amount of rings, it will call-forward out to another one of our offices, which, if after hours will then relay it to the answering service (or if its during hours, one of our staff will be able to help the caller). 

Can this be done?  I've found an article by the excellent William Bell that would address the afterhours part, but from my understanding this would fire all the time while in SRST, not after a timeout (article here http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/802-redirecting-called-numbers-in-srst-the-alias-command-and-hairpin-methods.html)

I'm using CUCM BE5000 8.6.1 with 2901 ISRG2 routers using MGCP if it helps.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can configure the router for SRST CME mode and H.323, that will allow you to do anything you want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: