Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward on IPMA

mlong0000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an IPMA setup which is working fine. When the assistant is not logged in I don't want the call to go to the managers phone. So the call goes to a hunt pilot. This also works apart from 1 thing.

Members of the hunt group want to see an alerting name "Managers Line", rather than the calling number from the PSTN. So I created a CTI route point and gave it the relevant name so the hunt group members can see the correct information. But it is not working. They still only see the calling number.

Call flow

pstn call -> IPMA RP -> assistant not logged in -> cti route point -> hunt pilot

The call flow works fine its just the calling information that will not present. If I ring the CTI route point directly the hunt group members see the correct alerting information "Managers Line".

Any help is appreciated

Michael

3 Replies 3

aku
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

I have the same wish from our customer, but i don't understand how did you manage to forward the call when the assistant isn't loged in?

i have configured a basic IPMA with 3 partitions and 2 CSS, can you please share the info?

Best Regards!

Ales

Hi Ales

so if you are using IPMA in proxy mode you can set the forward parameters in the IPMA route point. This is usually set to the managers number but can be another number.

The problem I have is that it wont present the calling information that I want. It will only show the original calling number.

Hi Michael,

In IPMA proxy mode, there is a add on features as "Call Forward No Answer" in the CTI.

So once the IPMA application go does or anything, it will still forward to call to Manager via CTI.

collect me if i am wrong.