cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call forward override "features"

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All, I have 3 phones - 39100, 39101 and 39102 all in same pickup group/partition/CSS. If I do a call forward all on 39100 to 39101 and then make a call from another phone, 39101 rings which is fine. If I answer on 39101 and then transfer back to 39100 - all is OK as I have the transfer override set to true. However, if I do a pickup on 39102 when 39101 is ringing and then try to transfer back to 39100 it fails with re-order. Is there a way to overcome this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul & PM,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Marcel (+5 "M")

This feature was added around the release of CUCM 6.x

Cisco Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other words, when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target) calls the user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the phone of the initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the target. The override works whether the CFA target phone number is internal or external.

When the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set to True for CFA override to work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note CFA override only takes place if the CFA destination matches the calling party and the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to True. If the service parameter is set to True and the calling party does not match the CFA destination, CFA override does not take place, and the CFA remains in effect.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marcel Ammann
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

you can create a second number (39104) on the second button on the phone's and forward to this number.

Regards,

Marcel

planetmaker
Level 1
Level 1

What is this "transfer override" is it new in v7? We've only just upgraded to it from

v4 and in v4 there was no "feature" to overide a divert.

A workround I set up to get through to a diverted ext was this.

example ext 1234 cforward to 5678

make a hunt list/group & pilot containing just the ext with the call forward set up.

The hunt pilot pattern should be *5extnumber eg *51234

Because a hunt call pays no attention to a call forward set up for a direct ext call, dialling this number simply gets round the call forward and makes the ext ring.

The *5 just makes it look like a system feature code lol !

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul & PM,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Marcel (+5 "M")

This feature was added around the release of CUCM 6.x

Cisco Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other words, when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target) calls the user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the phone of the initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the target. The override works whether the CFA target phone number is internal or external.

When the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set to True for CFA override to work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note CFA override only takes place if the CFA destination matches the calling party and the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to True. If the service parameter is set to True and the calling party does not match the CFA destination, CFA override does not take place, and the CFA remains in effect.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks all - yes I remembered myself about the called/calling numbers but was hoping that there was a workaround to remove the need of a second line on the primary number 39100.

Good stuff all round though.

Finally !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: