Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward to an external VoIP number

SVciscomio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I noticed an issue related to call forward.

If I forward a DN to a PSTN number, it works fine but If I forward the same DN to a VoIP number of an external provider, it doesn't work.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You need to provide more details about the scenario where the call fails. What is the call flow? Which call control is being used ( CUCM / CME )? is the call going out via a SIP/H323 trunk to the external VoIP number ? Does the call work if you call the external VoIP number directly from your IP phone? If CSS/partition level settings are okay then you should get the detailed call manager service trace for a failed transfer to see why the call forwarding is failing.

Manish

Hi Manish,

I'm usign CUCM 10.5; the call is going to the external VoIP number by the voice gateway (MGCP); If I call the external VoIP number directly from my IP Phone, it works; the CSS/partition level is correct.

Thanks

So, are you trying to send a call to a VoIP phone on another enterprise using MGCP? The forwarded call will reach the MGCP gateway ( you can check if via "debug mgcp packets" ) but how is the MGCP gateway connected to the other VoIP system? Can you provide the full end to end integration details between the two VoIP systems.

Manish

VoIP Phone --> CUCM 10.5 (with Voice Gateway registered via MGCP) --> E1 PRI (to PSTN) --> ... --> VoIP Phone of a public voice service provider

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: