cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward to Another Voicemail

tslover
Level 1
Level 1

Have another question that I can't seem to figure out. I've got a directory number that I want to use, but when no one answers, I want it to forward to another extension for that voicemail. The forwarding seems to be working fine, but instead of playing the voicemail prompt, I'm getting a "Hello: Cisco Unity Connection Messaging System. From a touchtone phone you may dial an extension at any time. For a directory of extensions, press 4. Otherwise, please hold for an operator" prompt. Any idea why this would be happening? 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The solution to this ended up being a voicemail profile. Under Advanced Features > Voice Mail > Voice Mail Profile. By adding this, I was able to reach the solution that I needed. Thanks for the help though!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

By default, the unity connection is set to use first redirecting number for incoming calls (System Settings >> Advanced >> Conversations >> The parameter "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call' is unchecked).  When you enable this parameter (check box is checked), Unity Connection uses the last redirecting number for routing incoming calls. This is a global settings and applies to all users. If you want this for some specific users then you will have to use Forwarded Routing Rules. Please check this URL for solution:

https://amyengineer.com/tag/forwarded-routing-rules/ 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Changing this parameter will fix the problem, but you need to be careful as this is global setting and in most deployments not desirable.  Another option is to simply add the original DN as an alternate extension to the unity voicemail user.  This way when the call is forwarded from phone A to phone B and sent to voicemail, the phone A's DN which is defined as alternate extension will be mapped to the mailbox.

The solution to this ended up being a voicemail profile. Under Advanced Features > Voice Mail > Voice Mail Profile. By adding this, I was able to reach the solution that I needed. Thanks for the help though!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: