Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward to mobile

hodgey1987
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm after a little help if possible please.

Call forwarding is working internally to a mobile phone however when a customer calls the users direct line they get an error message of "You've dialled an incorrect number"

The directory number in question is set to the correct calling search space.

Could anyone advise any troubleshooting steps>

Cheers,

7 Replies 7

Ishan Zutshi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
just to understand correctly, when you call from an internal phone to another phone and forward the call to the pstn, the call works. however when someone from pstn network calls your internal phone and then you forward all to another pstn number the call fails?

if this is the case, then you need to check your SIP trunk/h323 gateway for Calling Party Selection and use "last redirect number external" to send the internal DID of your phone to the pstn provider who might be rejecting the call.

Thanks for your reply Ishan, i've changed to last redirect number external but still receiving the same error. If i remove the forward everything is working ok again.

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Can you please confirm if you have set up your Call Forwarding options correctly, specifically CSS as shown below.

Call forward CSS options.JPG

Thanks for your reply.

We we are setting the forward as we normally would. It works perfect if its an internal call but an external call fails.

Phone.PNG

As per screenshot, Calling Search Space Activation Policy should be set to With Configured CSS, rather than Use System Default in the DN Call Forwarding section. Please change this and give it a try along with other change.

mikeleebrla
Level 1
Level 1

1. After you changed the Calling Party Selection to last redirect number external did you reset the trunk? If not the change will not take effect.

2.  I don't believe "You've dialled an incorrect number" is a message coming from CUCM so that would indicate it's coming from the carrier instead.  If so you need to log into the CUBE, enable SIP debugging and compare the logs of an unsuccessful forwarded call to that of a successful call. The differences in the logs should reveal why your carrier is rejecting the call.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I think the call is going to PSNT but the called or calling number is modified incorrectly. Please, collect logs form VOice gateway.
Collect debug ccsip messages if it is SIP trunk

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: