Views
Helpful
Replies

call-forward with speed dial

m8kubicki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding CFA with speed dials.

The follwing is configured on the phone:

- speed dial 1:     00123456789

- speed dial 2:     00123456789#

- translation pattern 1: 0.! without urgent priority

- translation pattern 2: 0.!# both without urgent priority

If I now hit the CFA Button and afterwards speed dial 1 CFA will not be set up and no failure message will be displayed. If I use CFA and speed dial 2 CFA will be set. Same scenario with urgent priority configured on the TPs both scenarios works correctly.

If I do the CFA manually without urgent priority on the TPs 00123456789 and 00123456789# works fine.

Do someone have any suggestion whats going on with a CFA configured over a speed dial and urgent priority on the TP?

CUCM is Version 8.5.

Many Thanks!

Regards,

Marcel

10 Replies 10

We are experiencing exactly the same problem and actually don't want to use any #-Translation/Route Pattern.

And we can't really use urgend priority patterns for these TPs since calls are routed too early when a user is dialing digit-by-digit.

Hi all,

has anyone an answer to that question?

Regards

The issue with the scenario being presented is as follows:

Scenario 1 - The reason why it doesn't work is because the Route Pattern configured is not an exact match. In a normal call you woud have to wait for the T302 timer to expire. Pushing the speed dial on a CFWA will not wait for the timer to expire.

Scenario 2 - Would work just fine because it matches the Route Pattern ending with the "#".

How are your Route Patterns and speed dials configured?

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

The Route Pattern : \+! without urgent prio

and the speeddial is configured as 00123456789 or 00123456789# which will both be translated by the TP to +49123456789 . Second works, first not working.

Regards,

Marcel

You have a Translation Pattern with a "#". Just make a Translation Pattern that matches 11 digits and then gets translated to +49XXXXXXXXX

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

I guess I have tested this with no luck. But I will check tomorrow again.

Regards,

Marcel

Let me know how it goes tomorrow.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

I tested the pattern and if it is the only one it could match it works.

But what would you to if you have this szenario:

three TPs:

0.!     ->     +49123

00.!    ->     +49

000.!    ->     +

and you want them to use as CFA with speed-dial?

You could just setup a special CSS for CFWA and create the specific TP or RP for the specific dialing patterns. The CSS would only get applied to the CFWA portion of the DN, so you wouldn't have to worry about other calls matching the TP or RP.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hello,

I had a similar situation with CallForwardAll and the SpeedDialButtons.
The solution for me was to check urgent priority on the responsible translation pattern in the CallForwardAll CSS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: