cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward works for some numbers but not others.

CiscoMan57
Level 1
Level 1

Was wondering if I can get some help/direction on an issue.

If I forward my phone to my cell number different things happen.

If I call extension from internal extension forwarding to 728-xxxx works fine.

If I call extension from internal extension forwarding to 735-xxxx works fine.

If I call extension from external number forward to 728-xxxx I get this is a local call or sometimes just busy.

If I call extension from external number forward to 735-xxxx works fine.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Can dial the problem number directly consistently?  Are you getting a Cisco intercept message or a carrier intercept?

I would start by checking that you have the appropriate CSS assigned in the associated call forward fields for the line you are calling.

Go into the line setting, then check the Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings.  Check that Forward Busy/No Answer or whatever condition you are hitting when the call forwards has the appropriate CSS to allow that forwarding.

You can also try a Forward All and see if that works consistently.

Hi TomMar1

Thanks for replying so fast. Really appreciate the help. 

I have attached the settings that I currently have. One of the Forward info on the line and one of the CSS I am forwarding too. Yes if I just dial my cell number from my office phone that is forwarding it works every time no issues.

Thanks

So it looks from the 1st snag that you have forward all set.  I would make the 1st CSS with configured CSS, the 2nd CSS would be whatever PSTN access would allow that call (perhaps you have that set based on your system config), and the 3rd should be a device level CSS.

If that does not work...try using 9 1 area code and number in the forward all field.  Some carriers are implementing 10 digit dialing because of 988.  If you are able to 7 digit dial because of digit insertion configured in call manager it should make a difference though.

Might also be helpful to grab a gateway trace to analyze if the call still fails.