Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding by Line on 6945

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have 6945 phones connected to CUCM 8.6

If we have a phone that needs multiple main lines on it that may need to be forwarded offsite to different number as the same time, is there a way to forward lines by line to different numbers on the same phone set?

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, use the CCMuser page.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

Check if the CSS on the line that you are trying Fwd have the proper privilege to do that

Please remember to rate helpful   responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

You Can try add a Hunt Group, it will allows you to use these directory  numbers to provide coverage for the called number. You cando this assigning the same number to several primary or secondary phones or  by using wildcards in the number associated with the directory numbers.

Please remember to rate helpful   responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

I'll just add a note to the great tips from Java and Bruno (+5 guys!!)

You could set Call Pickup with "Visual Notification" under the;

Call Pickup Group Notification Settings

And then configure this under the specific Pickup Group;

Call Information Display For Call Pickup Group Notification

Calling Party Information

**Called Party Information

The will show you what line the call was intended for before you answer

Cheers!

Rob

"I don't know how, I don't know when
But you and I will meet again " 

- Tom Petty

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, use the CCMuser page.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

That is what I thought. I tried that and it did not work. I logged into the CCMUser page and when I forward the first line, it works. If I keep the first line forwarded and then try to forward a second line, it does not work and the call will not go through.

Check if the CSS on the line that you are trying Fwd have the proper privilege to do that

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

I got that to work by fixing the CSS on that line. Thanks!

Now the real dilemma that I am trying to figure out. I keep going round and round on this.

The department that I am working with will end ou having 3 separate numbers coming in. These numbers will need to be forwarded offsite to different numbers after hours. Now I have that figured out. The can just login to the CCMUser site to handle that.

The other issue is that during the day, they want to be able to answer calls for any of the incoming lines from any phone in the area.  They want to be able know what line the call is coming in on so they can answer it appropriately for the specific line.

They do not want line appearance for all three lines on each phone. I have contemplated Call Pickup Groups, etc..but I do not believe I am finding a viable option.

Any help is appreciated!

You Can try add a Hunt Group, it will allows you to use these directory  numbers to provide coverage for the called number. You cando this assigning the same number to several primary or secondary phones or  by using wildcards in the number associated with the directory numbers.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

I'll just add a note to the great tips from Java and Bruno (+5 guys!!)

You could set Call Pickup with "Visual Notification" under the;

Call Pickup Group Notification Settings

And then configure this under the specific Pickup Group;

Call Information Display For Call Pickup Group Notification

Calling Party Information

**Called Party Information

The will show you what line the call was intended for before you answer

Cheers!

Rob

- Tom Petty

Rob-

I would have the 3 separate lines setup on a single phone that will ring audibly in the department. This would be the phone that I could instruct them to use the CCMUser page for changing the forwarding on.

I am guessing that I will nee 3 separate Call Pickup Groups (one for each line) and then include everyone's DN that needs to see calls for those lines on their own individual phones, correct?

If that is the case, how do I address the issue of each individual being able to see calls for the 3 pickup groups if you can only set a single pickup group for phone? I hope that make sense or maybe I am just missing something completely by over thinking it.

Hey James,

No such thing as over-thinking ....................I don't think

I would start off the testing with one single Pickup Group with

all numbers as members. As this is set on the DN page I think you'd

be good to go.

Cheers!

Rob

- Tom Petty

Rob-

Do you mean adde the 3 new different (separate) numbers to the single group as well as all of the DN's that need to see the calls?

If they are all tied to one group, how will they know which line the call is coming in on? Wouldn't they just get notification that the pickup group name is getting a call ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: