cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding - Caller ID

graphictech3
Level 1
Level 1

We're currently on Callmanager 4.1(3)sr7.  A lot of people like forwarding their desk phones to their cell phones.  The only problem with this, is that if the someone calls from outside the building, when it's forwarded to the cell phone, their cell phone's caller ID displays the main for the PRI rather than the party calling from outside the building.  Is there any way to change this behavior?

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is most likely due to the fact that your telco is doing DID screening on the trunk and overwriting any numbers not belonging to the trunk with the BTN number. You will need to address this with your telco and let them know you do not want this screening in place.

HTH,

Chris

I thought this was the case as well, however, I was able to change my external mask on an extension and spoof numbers that are not associated with the PRI so it appears that is not the case.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what kind of circuit is the call going out on? If PRI can you post debug isdn q931 and let us know what numbers you expect to see?

Also does the call forward all CSS uses the same route patterns?

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

It looks like our phone system is appending "81" to the caller ID.  I  suppose this is because it's the digit you must dial to dial out, so it  was added for dialing numbers which appear in the call log. 

What would be the best way to fix this?

The number which is being dialed from, which should show up on the cell phone, is "8472345678".  The cell phone that's being forwarded to is "8479876543".  The internal extension is 3132

Feb  2 23:59:44.230: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x3F70

Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = 3.1kHz Audio

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA18381

Preferred, Channel 1

Progress Ind i = 0x8283 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, '8472345678'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '3132'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Feb  2 23:59:44.266: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0xBF70

Channel ID i = 0xA98381

Exclusive, Channel 1

Feb  2 23:59:44.278: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x0FA4

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98397

Exclusive, Channel 23

Progress Ind i = 0x8283 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Calling Party Number i = 0x2181, '818472345678'

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '18479876543'

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

that is probably the reason telco overwrites it, strip it and see if that resolvers it.

Yeah that fixes it.  It looks like it was created with a translation pattern that adds the prefix digits of "81" to the calling party.  Is there any way to remove this on outgoing calls?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this MGCP or h323 Gw?

If MGCP you can do this with calling party transformation on route pattern for example, with H323 I would use translation rules on the GW.

MGCP

Brett,

As I said you can do this by using calling party transformation on the route patter or route list, simply apply XXXXXXXXXX as the transformation.

HTH, please rate all helpful posts!

Chris