Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding, CUCM 7.1.5

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a question about call forwarding and unforwarding.

As far as I know, there are 3 ways of doing this.

1.) If you access to CUCM, you can go to the phone and directory number and set the number under call forwarding.

2.) From your "own" Cisco phone, using the Forward All softkey

3.) If you have a CUCM user account, set the number under call forwarding.

My question is that I have operators that need to be able to call forward and unforward people's phones at times.  I only want them to have access to forward and unforward a number for another user.  Is there a way for them to do this from there Cisco phone? 

I know that in CUCM I can restrict the operators to the phone/directory number level but they still have the potential to change other parameters such as the DN, Calling Search Space, and other parameters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that's not possible.

MLA is not that granular.

Not from the phone, nor from the CCMadmin.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

The only way that I can think of is to associate the user to the phones you want them to control, then for them to use the ccmuser page and chose the device from user options-->device.

Clunky, but can't think of another way at the moment.

Gareth

Hi.

An option is to associate to some end users all phones that you want to manage call forwarding and define them as cucm end user.

You could repeat this operation for all users you want to be able to forward calls for other users

Than.. the user access to http://<>/ccmuser page and can manage one by one all other selected user's device.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"