Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding for VOIP & PSTN

Jagsuvce G
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running CUCM 8.6 with Single line ( VOIP & PSTN) with Geo location & LRG in place. Also we have UNx 10.5.

Current Requirement is 100 users are moving to different location in same cluster. From Location A to Location B.

Requirement:

User A (location A) extension number is 86444 and he is moving to location B, later which his extension number will be 76444.

So Location A users needs Call forwarding in this style.

1) ALL VOIP Calls to 86444 ---- should get forwarded  to 76444 ( if not answered then it should NOT go to voicemail of 86444, instead it should GO to voicemail of 76444)

2) ALL PSTN Calls to 86444 --- Should get forwarded   to 86444 Voice mail box.

What is the best solution  to do this.

Pls suggest.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

vasank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jagadish,

If the user is moving to a different extension why would the pstn caller should leave voicemail for 86444? Can you help clarify that.

Using translation pattern with partition and applying the css (with translation pattern partition) on the incoming ict would help address the scenario one.

Similar approach can be taken for the point#2.

Thanks,

Vasanth

View solution in original post

What's happening in your case is right as per the configuration, but let's try other option.

1. For internal calls, create Translation Pattern 86444 and route it to 76444. When 76444 doesn't answers, it will go to mailbox of 76444.

2. For external calls, ensure inbound CSS can't see the TP pattern, instead it should see the partition of DN 86444. So in this case, call will be forwarded to mailbox of 86444.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

vasank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jagadish,

If the user is moving to a different extension why would the pstn caller should leave voicemail for 86444? Can you help clarify that.

Using translation pattern with partition and applying the css (with translation pattern partition) on the incoming ict would help address the scenario one.

Similar approach can be taken for the point#2.

Thanks,

Vasanth

Hi,

As users moves to other location, their PSTN (DID) number will change and they need to update the clients who calls on users DID number. Users, will leave a greeting stating that there DID number has changed and we are going to on users voice mail box such that the call hangs up after the greeting. This setting we are doing on 86444 voicemail box.

So We need the PSTN call to land to their old voice mail box 86444.

Also I have achieved Point #1, by having Forwarded routing rule in unity connection. When the VOIP call get forwarded to  to 76444 and if 76444 doesn't answer then, it goes to 76444 voicemail box.

But now after doing forwarded routing rule even PSTN calls also goes to the 76444 voicemail box.. I want that to go to 86444. Seems am struck with the Unity connection forwarded routing rule..

Pls suggest with further more details with TP.

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume that the DN like 86444 are not in use now but still exist in system configuration. If yes, try with following;

1. Change 'Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number For Routing Incoming Call' parameter in CUC to enable (/checked).

2. On DN 86444, set call forward - unregistered (internal) to 76444. On 76444, set call forward - no reply to voicemail. Doing so, whenever anyone internal DN calls 86444, it will forward to 76444 and if no one answers, it will forward to voicemail. Here, unity will take this call to mailbox of 76444.

3. On DN 86444, set call forward - unregistered (external) to voicemail. Hence whenever there is external call to DN 86444, it will get forwarded to voicemail and unity will take this call to mailbox of 86444.

- Vivek

Hi Vivek,

I know this option in CUC to change the Last Redirect number to be used for reaching the voicemail. This i can't change as it been since starting.

But i achieved  this through Forwarded routing rule, so the cug/voip calls forwarded (internal) to 76444 reaches voicemail of 76444. Scenario explained below...

Internal VOIP Call to 86444 --- FWD (INTERNAL) --- 76444 -- If 76444 no answer -- Call goes to 76444 voice mail.

External PSTN call to 044-66486444 -- FWD all to VOICE MAIL of 86444 (or may be new number) wherein a message/greeting says my number 044-66486444 has been changed 080-41276444.

In PSTN Call case, seems i think this what happening...as soon as the call comes to 86444, the call gets forwarded  to voicemail and the original called number shows as 86444 and its going to 76444 Voice mail box, i assume this is what unity connection is doing.

Pls suggest.

What's happening in your case is right as per the configuration, but let's try other option.

1. For internal calls, create Translation Pattern 86444 and route it to 76444. When 76444 doesn't answers, it will go to mailbox of 76444.

2. For external calls, ensure inbound CSS can't see the TP pattern, instead it should see the partition of DN 86444. So in this case, call will be forwarded to mailbox of 86444.

- Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Will try this TP...

But tell me, when we check the check box (under DN config) to voicemail and call forward external busy, call forward external unregistered, etc..to voicemail, then the call to unity connection will be a direct routing or forwarded routing call ??

Bit confused on this...

CUC will match forward routing rule in this case.

Whenever CUC gets redirecting number in call setup, it will match forward routing rule and if there is no redirect number, cuc will match direct routing rule.

From CUCM perspective, if call is sent to cuc directly (for instance you press voicemail button on your phone), it won't include any redirecting number. If call is sent to unity as a result of call forward, cucm will include redirecting number.

- Vivek

Thanks Vivek,,

My understanding was correct wrt UC.

Also played with Par & Incoming CSS (PSTN) it worked.

Thanks,

Thanks for updating the results Jagadish.

- Vivek

Vivek, one last query,,

So in Translation Pattern case, the Unity Connection is considering as the 76444 as the original called party right instead of 86444 ??..

Thanks

You can ask more questions even after last query :) Glad to help.

You're right. This is because redirecting number is taken from DN who has forwarded the call. In this case, there is no call forward setting available on TP hence redirecting number will be 76444 instead of 86444 and in result, call will go to mailbox of 76444.

- Vivek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: