cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding in line Group CUCM 12.5

CRUZPEREZ518
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have an established line group "" TI ", a hunt pilot" TI "and a hunt list" TI ", and the extensions, 125,126, 155,156 as members, I use the circular distribution algorithm to pass unanswered calls between the members available but forwarding between these lines does not work, when I dial an extension of the group it only appears on the other phones "available to pick up" but the call is not passed to the other lines.

The configurations in each phone member  is as follows:Captura.PNG

26 Replies 26

Did the above config met your requirement ?  Does everything working as you expected ? 

Response Signature

The alert only reaches the other members, but the call is not forwarded between group members.

After forwarding call on different hunt group, is members getting call or not ? If yes then all member getting call one by one or few members if no answer or busy ?

IF call hitting on different hunt group after forwarding and some member getting  call some not then check your RNA timer on hunt pilot.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

First thing, 6211 and  6215 has same line members. You forward  the call  came to hunt group  when line members are busy or if they are not answering the call, With your config, using another Hunt pilot you are  again forwarding to the same line members.  I really don't fell its as a good solution.

The alert only reaches the other members, but the call is not forwarded between group members.

Can you share the complete configuration screen shots and what you mean by call is not forwarded between group members. ? Could you please explain it a little more about how you test the call, and your call flow.

Response Signature

When I say that the call is not forwarded, I mean that if I dial any member (125,126,155,156) only the dialed member rings, and the rest of the members receive an alert of a call available to pick up, if the call is not answered it continues ringing alone where it was marked.
The purpose of my configuration is that when a call is made to any member of the department (125,126,155,156) and this is not answered, it is passed to all the members of the hunt group, I do not know if this is the best solution or there is a better solution.
Attached screenshot of156.PNGLine Group.PNGHP_6215.PNGHP_6211.PNG my settings.

You can achieved this by forwarding on based on member extensions line page configuration.

Apply call forwarding on extension 125, 126, 155 & 156 when busy or no answer and on the forwarding section ( Busy internal & No Answer Internal)enter your hunt pilot number 6211 and apply css.

So when someone call on any of member (125,126,155 & 156) call hit on these member if member busy or not answered the call then that call will be forwarded on hunt pilot 6211 and on 6211 hunt pilot already members (125, 126, 155 & 156) it will ring one by one (if algorithms set circular or Longest available agent, if set broadcast then all member will ring simultaneously on the same time)  based on your configuration.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

15BF95C3-F48B-4010-BAC7-9132957CFCD8.png

Okay, so to do the forwarding I will not need the second Hunt Pilot, 6215 as it contains the same members of the first Hunt Pilot 6211 and I will only make the necessary changes in each member so that they are forwarded to the Hunt Pilot 6211.
Thank you very much for your comments and your great help.

When I say that the call is not forwarded, I mean that if I dial any member (125,126,155,156) only the dialed member rings, and the rest of the members receive an alert of a call available to pick up, if the call is not answered it continues ringing alone where it was marked.
The purpose of my configuration is that when a call is made to any member of the department (125,126,155,156) and this is not answered, it is passed to all the members of the hunt group, I do not know if this is the best solution or there is a better solution.
Attached screenshot of

First i strongly recommend to go through configuration guides and understand the concept Hunt group, call forwarding and pickup group. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115.html

as i mentioned in my initial reply, call forwarding, hunt group are different things.

when you say you call "member of the department (125,126,155,156)"  I assume that its an extension calls and calls coming to 125,126,155,156 is not through any Hunt pilot. If yes, you need to configure call forwarding on individual extensions for call forwarding to work.

if call to member of the department (125,126,155,156) comes through a hunt pilot, then for forwarding to work configure call forwarding destination  on Hunt pilot.

when you say,

The purpose of my configuration is that when a call is made to any member of the department (125,126,155,156) and this is not answered, it is passed to all the members of the hunt group

I assume your requirement as  when some one call individual extension 125,126,155,156 and busy/no answer you need to forward the call  to a Hunt group and distribute among the  members configured on hunt group. If yes  on line 125,126,155,156 you need to configure as mention below.

With below config, if some one calls 125,126,155,156 directly( not through any hunt groups) it forward to 6215 which is a hunt group and rings the Hunt group members.

Capture.PNG

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

I was going through this post regarding Hunt Group settings.

Just need to get some clarification regarding Hunt Pilot's Forward Hunt Busy settings.

I have configured this to go to another extension but what if that ext does not answer, will it go to that line's VM or HP's VM?

I have configured this to go to another extension but what if that ext does not answer, AFAIK it goes to the extension's VM.

Response Signature

Thank you.

I have asked them to test it 

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if you dial hunt pilot number then all associated extensions (125, 126, 155 &156) will rings one by one in this case if you have forwarding on your extension it will not work.

In the hunt group configuration existing call forwarding on the extension will not works Because hunt group override these configuration.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: