Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding loop on CUCM 11.5

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

when Phone A dials Phone B, but Phone B has CFA to Phone A, the result is that Phone B rings normally, so CFA is not working in this scenario. Does this function as by Design, or can I change the settings so that the call will be forwarded back to Phone A so that there might be another CFB to Voicemail for example?

Thanks,

René

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This is by design. but I wonder what is the use case of such scenario. what do you expect to work during this scenario other than call ends up in the loop?

regards,
Shalid

View solution in original post

Thanks for sharing the use case, tested again with a few different setups and the call never return to the caller. it always rings the original called number.

Regards,
Shalid

Please remember to rate helpful responses

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

This is by design. but I wonder what is the use case of such scenario. what do you expect to work during this scenario other than call ends up in the loop?

regards,
Shalid

Hi,

Users put in a CFA to the Reception desk when they are on leave. But if there is an external call coming in to the Reception desk and the lady at the Reception wants to divert the call to the user she will not notice that the user is not available and has setup a CFA.

However, the Lady from the Reception desk told me that in the past, she was able to see it on her phone's display that the call she wants to divert to a users comes back in to her desk phone. There was like a popup in her display similar to a hunt-group or pickup popup. But I am not able to reprocue it in my lab. So I don't know if she is telling the true.

Thanks for sharing the use case, tested again with a few different setups and the call never return to the caller. it always rings the original called number.

Regards,
Shalid

Please remember to rate helpful responses

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Rene,

This is a normal performance however, I believe you are creating a "loop"...

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: