cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding Returning to Orginal Voicemail

Katie85
Level 1
Level 1

How can I configure calls from UserA extension and UserB extension to ring a few times on their own phones and if they're not able to answer, forward to UserC, but if UserC cannot answer return to the original extension voicemail?

Example:  UserA -> forward to UserC -> UserC cannot answer -> call returns to UserA's voicemail?

I've seen some posts about hunt groups and call forwarding no coverage, but I cannot for the life of me get it working.

Running:

CUCM 11.0.1.21900-11

Cisco Unity Connection version: 11.0.1.21900-1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) Just forward the call to a voicemail from User-C Extension. The Unity Server will identify the Voicemail Box based on the First Redirecting Number by default I,e User A in your case.

You can change this to User C's Voicemail by changing the parameter in unity connection Under System Settings>Advanced>Conversations " Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call".

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If C has a call forward set to VM, you would see that exact behavior by default. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) Just forward the call to a voicemail from User-C Extension. The Unity Server will identify the Voicemail Box based on the First Redirecting Number by default I,e User A in your case.

You can change this to User C's Voicemail by changing the parameter in unity connection Under System Settings>Advanced>Conversations " Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call".

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Thanks so much for the note about the conversations setting in Unity. That was actually checked off and didn't even realize it. It's working now, thank you!