cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding with different greetings

Jerrytech1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to bypass integration when forwarding to another phone? Extension A has a mailbox but would like to forward to Extension B and have the callers go to Extension B's mailbox.

12 Replies 12

In CUCM create a Voicemail Profile with a "Voice Mail Box Mask" of Extension B (with the profile pointing to the regular Voicemail Pilot). Then configure Extension A with that Voicemail Profile. You can configure a Voicemail Profile at: Advanced Features > Voicemail > Voice Mail Profile

When a call to Extension A rolls to voicemail, the voicemail profile will change the 'dialed number' to Extension B so when CUCM presents the call to CUC the Forwarded Call Routing Rule "Attempt Forward" will see the Extension B number and send the call to that voicemail box.

Maren

Thanks Maren But will this only happen when forwarded to Extension B or is it every call?

I think Maren misunderstood the question. 
When extension A is forwarded to extension B, unanswered calls will be directed to extension B's voicemail box. 

I tired it. Every call went to B mailbox, not just when it was forwarded to B.

What did you try? 
If you tried the steps that Maren provided, it would be expected for all unanswered calls on extension A to go to voicemail B, regardless of whether you forward extension A to extension B or not. 

If you want the below results, then it should work this way by default without any configuration changes. 
Ext A (NOT forwarded to Ext B) -- Unanswered calls > Voicemail box A
Ext A (forwarded to Ext B) -- Unanswered calls > Voicemail box B
If this is what you want, but it is not working this way, check if voicemail box A even exists in Unity Connection. 
If it does not exist, then go to Voicemail B user page, then go to Edit > Alternate Extensions and see if extension A is listed there as an Alternate Extension. If it is, then delete extension A from there and create a voicemail box under extension A then test again. 

Or
If you want the set up below, the follow the step at the bottom of the post. 
Ext A (forwarded to Ext B) -- calls IMMEDIATELY go to Voicemail box B

In CUCM, go to Advanced Features > Voice Mail> Voice Mail Profile
Add new:
Name= DirectTransfertoVM
Description = DirectTransfertoVM
Voicemail pilot = your voicemail pilot number
Voice Mail Box Mask = XXXXX (the number of Xs = number of digits in your internal extensions)

Next add a CTI routepoint and set the extension to *XXXXX (again number of Xs = number of digits in your internal extensions).
give it the VM profile "DirectTransfertoVM"
Hit save

Now forward extension A to * followed by extension B. For example, if A = 11111 and B=22222, then forward 11111 to *22222

See screenshot below for the last set up scenario. 

TechLvr_0-1666301975072.png

TechLvr_3-1666302259085.png

TechLvr_2-1666302153858.png

TechLvr_5-1666302542891.png

If this is just for one or two users then a translation pattern would work. It's not scalable for a large group but I have used this in the past - it's basic.

Set up a translation pattern with a non-DID extension number.

Set the Calling Party Transform Mask to telephone B's extension.

Set the Called Party Transform Mask to extension B's extension.

Have user A forward to the translation pattern. If the call goes to voice mail after ringing extension B it will route to extension B's mailbox. This will not affect calls to extension A when it is not forwarded.

Tried the Translation Pattern. Did not work. If i dial the Translation Pattern that works but when i forward to it i get mailbox A.

To be honest, I believe no one including myself have really understood your request. That's why I gave you three different scenarios in my previous post hoping that one of them will match your request. 

I believe your scenario may possibly be as below but please confirm that. 
Ext A (forwarded to Ext B) -- calls IMMEDIATELY go to Voicemail box B

If that the case, the star dialing method which I provided previously will certainly work. It is a very standard configuration that is used in almost every environment.

If this is not what you are looking for, then please elaborate on your request so everyone can help you better.

this is exactly what i want

Ext A (forwarded to Ext B) -- calls IMMEDIATELY go to Voicemail box B

The * method did not work

Make sure extension A call forward CSS has access to the partition of your CTI extension *XXXXX. 

Can you share some screenshots of your setup? 

Unity Connection looks at the "Redirecting Number" to determine what to do with a forwarded call. The "Redirecting Number" is the original DN the call is placed to. (Extension A)

If Extension A forwards their phone to Extension B, Extension B is listed as the "Last Redirecting Number".

When CUCM sends a call to CUC, CUCM will send the original calling party, the original dialed number, the redirecting number and the last redirecting number (along with whether it is a direct call or a forwarded call, and for a forwarded call the reason for the forward such as busy, no answer, or call forward all).

Within that set of information, Unity Connection will use the Redirecting Number (Extension A) to choose an action and so all calls will go to Extension A's voicemail box. If you configure a translation pattern, a separate route pattern or hunt pilot, a separate voicemail pilot/profile, etc....it does not matter. For calls to Extension A, the Redirecting Number is always Extension A and that is what Unity Connection will act on. If you forward Extension A to another DN, to a different pilot number, etc. it does not matter. The Redirecting Number (Extension A) is what CUC uses to process the call. Period.

Two exceptions: One is the method I listed above that will have ALL calls to Extension A go to the voicemail box of Extension B. (This can be handy for multiple extensions that need to go to a single voicemail box.)

The other exception is global change in Unity Connection which has it use the Last Redirecting Number to process a call rather than the Redirecting Number. (Settings > Advanced > Conversation and check the box to use the Last Redirecting Number instead of the Redirecting Number). But...

This would fix your issue, but understand that it would act on all DNs that are forwarded to anything other than call forward all to voicemail.

Maren

This did not work.