Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding

shijuuu
Level 1
Level 1

HI ,

This thread is just to discuss about a request I made with our voice team.

We have a common service desk number for helpdesk. If some one calls on this number total 3 phone would ring and if no one answers this will forward to supervisor phone then to voice mail if supervisor doesnt answer the call. My request was after office hours I want to forward this call to our service desk common blackbeery number so that we can provide better support.

but as per our voice team this can not be done because we are using analog pstn lines.

please see the below reply

"

This is because we have analogue lines, so lines stuck in busy state after forwarding the calls to mobile even if both parties hang-up, this problem is not existing on the PRI lines."

is there any work arround for this solution ? upgrading to PRI is not possible at this moment.

Call manager version is  6.1.5

please let me know if you need more information..basically i am not voice guy so that I dont know what kind of information has to provide.

thanks

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Mobile Connect feature is not supported on analog lines, period.

If you do a normal call forward instead it will work reliably if the analog lines are using Ground Start signaling. Loop Start lacks disconnect supervision necessary to address this scenario.

Thanks for quick responds...I am wondering how I would know that its in loop start or ground start.

just to inform you the number which I want to forward the call common helpdesk number(from this number I want forward calls to a mobile number after office hours) its not normal enduser number.

thanks