Views
Helpful
Replies

Call from PSTN To CTI Route Point/Trigger(UCCX) not working

Sonam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have cucm and uccx 11.5 configured ,integrated and deployed. We have contact center working fine and now i want to configure another contact center for other agency. I can call that trigger number internally and works fine, but when called from PSTN it says, "The number is incorrect, please try again later". What could be the issue.? is the error at my end or at PSTN side? please help!!

4 Replies 4

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

Sonam,

There is not enough information to assess this.

You have a new CUCM and UCCX set up? They are running correctly and you have configured at least two destinations within the new system, so from within the system you dial the CTI/Trigger and the call goes through and the script is activated correct? Is the number from the PSTN a new number that has not been used before? Have you created the translation pattern in CUCM to accept and route the number to the CTI route point? If you haven't created that, the outside number won't have anywhere to go. If that is all set up, you will probably need to run a trace to see what is happening to the call after it connects.

Jason

Thank you Jason .

Yes, I have contact center with troll free number xxxx.  From PSTN to contact center(cucm) we have SIP Trunk configured and working fine. When customer dails xxxx (troll free number) PSTN forward that to Trigger number/CTI route point in uccx and cucm via sip trunk. 

Now, with the same system in place we want to have different troll free number for other agency/organization with different set of DNs.  I have configured new SIP Trunk for that. Outgoing call via that new Trunk works fine, and also when I call new trigger number from internal(new phone) it works fine with uccx script in place.  But cannot call from PSTN to Troll Free number with the error "The is incorrect" 

No translation pattern required I guess, since we are not configuring DID. is it still required?

How is the call supposed to get to the trigger otherwise? The trigger should be a DN that appears on the CTI Route Point, which itself needs to be reachable from the trunk inbound. You should be able to dial that number if it is a PSTN number ignoring the toll free. If that works, then it is your toll free provider who is not forwarding, or you can debug from your PSTN inbound and see where it is getting hung up an failing. The UCM shouldn't play any recording back to you on the phone so that's coming from somewhere else hopefully.

Hello Sonam,
I'm not sure that I'm following the integration that you have.
Usually when UCCX is deployed there is no SIP Trunk between UCCX and the PSTN.
The setup should look something like this:

PSTN -> VoiceGateway/CUBE -> SIP Trunk -> CUCM -> CTI RP to UCCX -> UCCX.

If someone dials from the PSTN into the Toll Free number that you have, that call should at least reach CUCM and then be forwarded or transformed into the CTI RP extension number.

Example:
Calling Number (PSTN caller): 111-222-5555
Called number (Toll Free): 1-800-444-6666
CTI_RP to UCCX: 1234

The call should reach CUCM and based on the called number 1-800-444-666 CUCM should reach a translation pattern, this translation would change the called party number into 1234 and the CSS of the Translation Pattern should be able to reach the Partition of the CTI RP to UCCX. As long as the CTI RP and the CTI Ports associated are registered and working, CUCM would send the call to the CTI RP, UCCX will see the call and perform the script and then UCCX will decide which CTI Port is going to be used to establish audio with the PSTN caller. Once the IVR finishes and the call has to connect to an Agent, UCCX will instruct the CUCM to transfer the call to the available agent and disconnect the audio from the CTI Port.

Would you be able to tell me the exact message that you hear when calling form the PSTN? from what i have seen in your messages that doesn't look like a pre-recorded audio that CUCM would use, which means that the service provider is the one placing that audio.

Do you know if the call coming from the CUBE/VoiceGateway has the full 10 digit called number, or if the called number is only using a certain ammount of significant digits, say 4 or 5 ?

Regards, Jaime.