cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call goes straight to voicemail CUCM 8.6.2, 7945G. Why?

I have a user who when called internally the call goes straight to Unity.

When called externally the phone rings normally.

I have been beating my head against the wall all day making no progress on this issue.  Would anyone have an idea of what to check?  This happened rather out of the blue, having made no changes to this user's phone or extension.

The extension is shared between two phones, which made me think that one of them had done something screwy with this particular DN.  So I removed the number from both phones (one phone at a time) to see if that made a difference.  It didn't.  I also tried forwarding the calls to voicemail, and then removing that forward (as suggested in some other topics).

I have checked what I think are the obvious things like the call search space, partitions, etc.  I have even compared settings for the line, the phones, and the lines on each phone to something that works.  Everything 'checks out'.

I even did some logging with RTMT.  But that only showed that I called into the DN, but the "final number" was that of my Unity server.  Maddening!!

Any clues from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Steve Ballantyne

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well you listed off most othe possible causes. Another one that comes to mind is someone adding a conflicting pattern, possibly urgent priority, that is getting choosen instead of the DN. You could use Route Plan Report to search for anything that might look similar. You can also use DNA (https://serverip/dna) to confirm it's hitting the DN and not something else.

You could also restart the CallManager service after-hours. Not with this version but I have seen CCM stop noticing changes in Informix once or twice before. When I bounced the service it reread the DB and poof, my issue disappeared. Rare and unlikely, but you've ruled most things already.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for the feedback.  I was unaware of that Dialed Number Analyzer tool.  Very cool!  Unfortunately for this particular issue it's telling me that the call would go through as dialed.  I guess I can rule routes out as being a problem.  But then, I don't think that I have made any route changes in a long time now.

I may just be restarting the Call Manager.  It's something I need to do anyway as I need to install some firmware updates to the UCS servers that carry the call manager and it's companion elements.

I have been trying to contact my usual support guy (through our reseller) but I have a feeling he is out of the office or on assignment.  I suppose I could open a TAC case, but I was really trying to avoid that.  :-)

I opened a case with my reseller and they discovered the problem.

Basically, this extension existed in two different partitions, and one of them did not have a device associated to this number.  Because that partition was ordered first - the call was going to voicemail.

Here is what fixed it ...

1) Log into Call manager

2) Click Call Routing > Route Plan Report

3) Search for the extension

4) Locate the Directory Number as it related to a Partition - where *THAT* partition contains no device.

5) Select the above, by clicking the extension number on that line.

6) Under Directory Number Information, uncheck the Active checkbox.

7) Click Save / Apply Config.

1) Log into Call manager

2) Click Call Routing > Route Plan Report

3) Search for the extension

4) Locate the Directory Number as it related to a Partition - where *THAT* partition contains no device.

5) Select the above, by clicking the extension number on that line.

6) Under Directory Number Information, uncheck the Active checkbox.

7) Click Save / Apply Config.

Whoever that reseller was they must have been PRETTY smart!

Why not just remove the unassigned DN in the other partition instead of deactivating it?

If you for some reason need to have the exact same DN in two partitions you normaly need to have thouse PTs separated from each other, ie no CSS should have them both listed.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: