cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call group pickup/call routing

Fred Rawlings
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..I'm hoping that I'm posting this in the right forum..In a nutshell, our HR dept consists of 5 ppl, it was brought to my attention that it seems as though a couple of users are getting more calls than others, so I want to come up with a way that if someone is on the phone and another is coming in, to have it route to another person in the dept who may not be on a call. Researching, I thought call group pickup would be the solution, after reading more, how will the other available person know if a call is coming since you can't hear the phone while the person is on a call? Is there another option I can try or is call group pickup the best solution? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on the version of CUCM you have you can enable audio and/or visual call pickup notifications.

Another option would also be to use hunting and distribute the calls between the phones based on one of few algorithms, i.e. broadcast, longest idle, top down, circular.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on the version of CUCM you have you can enable audio and/or visual call pickup notifications.

Another option would also be to use hunting and distribute the calls between the phones based on one of few algorithms, i.e. broadcast, longest idle, top down, circular.

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks..I'm using CUCM 8.6, maybe I'll try the first option and see how that goes.

Cool, that option is definitely available in 8.6.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: