Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler and Directory Handler in Unity Connection 7

I am using Unity Connection 7 and would like to incorporate a Call Handler and Directory Handler. I would like the callers to have the option of saying the department/person they would like to reach at any point when they are connected to Unity while incorporating Call Handler options. Below is a sample of the outcome I would like to have.

If you know the department or person you will like to reach say it now or:

Press 1 for Admissions

Press 2 for Registrar

Press 3 for Financial Aid

Press 4 for Student Account

Press 5 for Academic Affairs

3 Replies 3

Gregory Dartez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Emanuel,

With Unity Connection 7.X you can only use one or the other.  You can only use Voice Recognition while in the Directory Handler greeting to look up a specific user and transfer to that user.  And you can only dial an extension from a Call Handler.  You can however, record your greeting to tell the caller to press a digit and transfer them to the Directory Handler or allow them to dial by extension or to look up a name in the directory, but not both in the same session.  In other words you first have to get the call to the Directory Handler to use the Voice Recognition feature.

I played around in the lab and you can assign an alternate extension to whoever you would want the call to go to when they press 1 and do a voice search for that extension number (this does not scale very well, but you could use more than one digit as the alternate and then you could have multiple destinations under the Directory Handler) then once they got to the Directory Handler they could say "1" and it would transfer to the extension you assigned the alternate to.  However once you are in the Directory Handler you cannot dial any extensions other then 0.

I hope this helps.

Greg

How can I customize the message Unity Connection plays (“Who would you like to reach? Say a name like John Smith or Robert Johns”) when entering the Directory Handler?

You can't.  That feature will be available in a future release (I believe 8.5, but I could be wrong).  You would can only change the Call Handler greetings.  So you would need to have all of your instructions in the Call Handler before the call gets to the Directory Handler.

Hope this helps

Greg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: