cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler configuration

ryan.boles
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco Unity 8.5.1 and am using call handlers.  I work at a school district with various campuses and when the Superintendent calls any of the principals at a campus and presses 0 during a voicemail greeting for that person it transfers him back to the central office receptionist.  I am wondering if it is possible to set up Unity to transfer back to that campuses receptionist and not the one at central office.  If so, what steps would I need to take to set that up.  Would I need a call handler when pressing 0 for each campus or what?  I would appreciate any information.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Sure, this is quite common. 

You can change the mapping of the "0" key in both Call Handlers and in Voicemail boxes.  You can even do it using bulk edit tools to change a bunch at one time provided you can identify the ones you want by something like class of service, number range, etc. 

The target of the 0 can be a user or a call handler.  If the campus receptionist has a voicemail box, you could simply point it at that and tell it to send that call to the user as a transfer.

To set this on a single user, bring up the user in the GUI.  Select Edit ==> Caller Input ==> and then click the key you want to map (in this case, the "0" key).

You'll then get a screen where you can point it at the desired target.  Don't forget to select "Attempt Transfer" or it will simply take a message without trying the extension. 

So, would I need to have the 0 in the caller input on each campus call handler point to the receptionist on that campus?  Thanks for the information already provided! 

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: