cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call handler hours of operation

Douglas Turner
Level 1
Level 1

I am using unity 8.5 and have setup multiple call handlers. One of the departments want their call handler to send calls to the receptionist from 9-12 and 1-5. During off hours and the 12-1 lunch hour they wants the calls to go directly to voicemail. Could someone please let me know how to configure this. Thank you  

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure the schedule accordingly, and then the routing behavior you want, under the standard and closed greetings.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

i also normally setup the schedules on CUCM versus anything. this does depend on your setup but all departments have a pilot so what i do is use Time of Day

basically create time periods

assign the time periods to schedules (like working, non-working, lunch etc)

create partitions and assign the scehdules to each partitions

create a CSS for TOD and assign the partitions

then create Translations Patterns. basically if you have department say Sales and its pilot is 5000

translations will say -5000 route to X based on this time but route to Y based on another time.

not sure why i dont use the UNITY schedules because its seems like a lot right...

Dealing with UCXN schedules is a lot easier than time of day routing on CUCM, especially if the call is in UCXN already, makes not sense to do it in CUCM.

HTH,

Chris