Helpful
Replies

call is being put on hold when call is ended

ravi.pandey
Level 1
Level 1

clusters involved in call flow
US, EMEA, SME cluster with ILS
issue: there is an extn(consider ex: 109000) setup as shared line on US cluster, that extn also has an RDP with 3 destinations towards EMEA(for e.g:123456), APAC and India cluster, the call to RDP is through a trunk in SME cluster, it is through the learned DN, When someone calls 109000 and if someone from EMEA with 123456 as shared line answers the call and hangs up the call is shown as "placed on hold"(if the calling party was a VC) for 5-7s before it is actually disconnected, if the calling party was an unified app (call would just show as connected before taking few seconds to hang up). To isolate it what i did is i disabled the RDP to EMEA and applied a fwd all from extn :109000 and then tested the same call flow and this time i wasn't placed on hold, so what i isolated is RDP at fault, but i need to now understand what is wrong with the RDP call flow scenario.
call flow 
to US cluster extn 109000-> RDP to EMEA extn-> SME cluster-> SIP trunk-> EMEA CuCM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Found this in feature guide as well

User can perform desktop call pickup on in-progress mobility calls either by hanging up the call on the mobile phone or by putting the mobility call on hold with the midcall hold feature. When hanging up or ending the call at the mobile phone, the user can then resume the call on the desk phone within 10 seconds (default). When the remote destination hangs up, Cisco Unified Communications Manager puts the associated desk phone in Hold state, which allows the user to resume the call by pressing the Resume softkey. The Maximum Wait Time for Desk Pickup setting on the End User Configuration window determines the amount of time the call remains on hold after the hang-up at the remote destination. The default specifies 10000 milliseconds (10 seconds)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

This isn't not a fault. In RDP if the remote destination hangs up and the
original called party is on net, the call will be kept on hold in case it
needs to be retrieved. This is expected behavior.

Are you trying to get rid of it? If so, you already spotted that you can do
it with call forwarding.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

But the call does get disconnected, but after a few seconds of placed on hold. Is that an expected behaviour?

Yes it is expected.

Found this in feature guide as well

User can perform desktop call pickup on in-progress mobility calls either by hanging up the call on the mobile phone or by putting the mobility call on hold with the midcall hold feature. When hanging up or ending the call at the mobile phone, the user can then resume the call on the desk phone within 10 seconds (default). When the remote destination hangs up, Cisco Unified Communications Manager puts the associated desk phone in Hold state, which allows the user to resume the call by pressing the Resume softkey. The Maximum Wait Time for Desk Pickup setting on the End User Configuration window determines the amount of time the call remains on hold after the hang-up at the remote destination. The default specifies 10000 milliseconds (10 seconds)

With Mobile Connect, ie remote destination or mobile identity, this is expected. The reason is that you can resume the call on another associated device, such as a desk phone.

Response Signature