techguy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ,

Fo Inbound Calls

PSTN------POTS Dialpeer------VOIP Dialpeer------CUCM and then extension

For Outbound Call

Extension to CUCM------VOIP Dialpeer------POTS Dialpeer------PSTN

Voip dialpeers are used between gateway to CUCM connection. Am i right?

If so, then route patterns are used between CUCM to gateway connection. Please correct me if i am wrong. Thanks

3 Replies 3

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes Voip Dial-peers are used to communicate on Ip legs (between CUCM and Voice Gateway) and POTS dial-peers used to communicate between VGW and PSTN

IP Phone---CUCM---(matches RP--> RL--->RG)---pointing towards the voice gateway but for this call leg it has to match the inbound dial-peer. So the voip dial-peer will match as an inbound dial-peer and the pots dial-peer will be outbound dial-peer

FOr both inbond call leg and outbound call leg , it matches inbound dial-peer and outbound dial-peers respectively.

So for outbound call from IP phone

IP phone---CUCM------>Inbound Voip dial-peer---->VGW---pOTS outbound dial-peer --->PSTN

For incming call from PSTN

IP phone------CUCM<-------Outbound Vop dial-peer<--------VGW<-----Inbound Pots Dial-peer-<---PSTN

Same Dial-peer can act as Inbound dial-peer and Outbound Dial-peer

HTH

PS:Rate useful posts.

Regards,

sumit

I have only one VOIP Dialpeer. It will be inboud voip dial peer for outboud and outbound dial peer for incoming call at the same time ???

Below is the Criteria to Match Inbound Dial-peer for Voip dial-peers

1) Incoming called-number : It will look for the this command in the dial-peers , it will match the number in tis command against the called number(DNIS)

2) Answered Address command L: If Incoming called numbeer command is  not there then it will look for answered addrss command .it will match the number in this command against the calling number(ANI)

3) Destination Pattern :If Answered address is also not there then it will look for answered addrss command .it will match the number in this command against the calling number(ANI)

So If you have only one dial-peers and you want to make it as inbound dial-peers for outbound calls and outgoing dial-peers for inbound calls,you can configure a dial-peer like this

Dial-peer voice 1 voip

incoming called number .                          < it will match with every called number >

destination-patern 2...                              

session target ipv4:

While making a call , you can run debug voip ccapi inout to see which dial-peers are being matched as incoming dial-peer and outgoing dial-peers

HTH

PS: Please rate useful posts.

Regards,

sumit