cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call log display format

Polydoris
Level 1
Level 1

Right now all calls that come in on any phone within our cluster are logged onto the phone with just the 10 digit number, which is fine, but there are no spaces or dashes it is just straight digits.

Is there a way to format the way numbers are logged to phones and Jabber? Currently logged like XXXXXXXXXX, is it possible to have them log (XXX) XXX-XXXX, or even XXX-XXX-XXXX? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

I created a SIP profile that I believe should help you achieve what you want (assuming that you have a CUBE, and the CUBE sends 10 digits calling number to the CUCM).

I tested this successfully on the Cisco SIP profile test tool online.

Please apply the changes below to your CUBE and place a few inbound test calls. I hope this works.

voice service voip
sip
sip-profile inbound

voice class sip-profiles 10
request ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "sip:(...)(...)(....)@" "sip:(\1) \2-\3@"
request ANY sip-header Contact modify "sip:(...)(...)(....)@" "sip:(\1) \2-\3@"

Apply the SIP profile to you dial peer facing CUCM. See example below.

dial-peer voice 10 voip
description FromCarrier_ToCUCM
voice-class sip profiles 10

Also, below is the output of Cisco SIP profile test tool (truncated input). 
In this example the inbound caller ID changes from 1112223333 to (111) 222-3333

TechLvr_3-1663177467471.png

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Nope.

Deepak Kumar R
Level 1
Level 1

Hello pattersp, 

You can only prepend national number prefix for incoming calls, that too for calls coming in via H323 or MGCP gateway. But there are no options either on the CUCM or the GW to change the display format as you have mentioned.

No you can not.

Response Signature

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

I created a SIP profile that I believe should help you achieve what you want (assuming that you have a CUBE, and the CUBE sends 10 digits calling number to the CUCM).

I tested this successfully on the Cisco SIP profile test tool online.

Please apply the changes below to your CUBE and place a few inbound test calls. I hope this works.

voice service voip
sip
sip-profile inbound

request ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "sip:(...)(...)(....)@" "sip:(\1) \2-\3@"
request ANY sip-header Contact modify "sip:(...)(...)(....)@" "sip:(\1) \2-\3@"

Apply the SIP profile to you dial peer facing CUCM. See example below.

dial-peer voice 10 voip

Also, below is the output of Cisco SIP profile test tool (truncated input). 
In this example the inbound caller ID changes from 1112223333 to (111) 222-3333

TechLvr_3-1663177467471.png

Interesting idea. However I doubt that it would actually show up on the phones like this. Did you get to test this out IRL and not just in theory?

Response Signature

I have not tested it IRL. I only tested it on the Cisco SIP profile Tool. 
I know it will change the caller ID format in the SIP messages, but I am not sure if it will actually show up on the phones like that.
I think it would be worth testing. Shouldn't take too long.   

@Roger Kallberg I was able to test my theory in the lab with success (I had to  tweak the SIP profile a little bit).

TechLvr_3-1663210051419.png

TechLvr_1-1663209929288.png

@Polydoris The following SIP profile works if you still need it.

request ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "P-Asserted-Identity: .* <sip:(...)(...)(....)@" "P-Asserted-Identity: (\1) \2-\3 <sip:\1\2\3@"
request ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:(...)(...)(....)@" "P-Asserted-Identity: (\1) \2-\3 <sip:\1\2\3@"

dial-peer voice 10 voip

Truly brilliant idea to use the name portion of the SIP signalling to achieve this. Kudos for thinking outside the box! ‘:-)’

Response Signature

Sorry for the late response, unfortunately we are using Voice Gateway connected with a PRI not CUBE. I wonder if something like this can be done in the VG as well?

I will mark this post as the solution as I am very sure it will be helpful to others in the future.

@Polydoris Ah ok. It would have worked if you used SIP trunk between CUCM and voice gateway even if you have PRI on the carrier side. 

TechLvr_2-1663249622337.png

Polydoris
Level 1
Level 1

@TechLvr We do not have a SIP trunk between our VG and CUCM. When I do a debug isdn standard I see the numbers coming in with a ten digit string format, is it possible to do the same type of profile for this?

No.

It’s not really that hard to change the connection between your gateway and CM to use SIP. What control protocol do you use now?

Response Signature

I believe that is not possible with MGCP or H323.

That's why I suggested the possibility of using SIP on the CUCM side. I understand that may be too much for just a call log display format but if it is a serious requirement then this would be the only solution that I know of.

Yes we are using MGCP.

Thanks for looking into this!