Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 12.5 . display caller ID from non-DDI's

itariq12345
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I am trying get my head around something.

I need to point a set of NON-DDI numbers to display a single DDI when dialing out to customers. this is so i can point this DDI back to the service desk main number.

not sure where to start.

any advise will be helpful.

using call manager 12.5.1. all calls route to one cisco cube gateway which is conncted to 3rd party SIP.

thank you

2 Replies 2

It can be done in multiple ways. 

1. translate NON DID number to pilot  and apply it on gateway outbound direction.
  2. For NON DID extension u can use external phone number mask as pilot number and  select “use calling party external phone number mask “ on route pattern 
  3. if its an H323/Sip Gateway u can do it on gateway CLI.

Response Signature

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

As said there are a number of ways this can be done and it really depends on what you already have in place and on how easily your various number ranges can be matched.  If you use internal numbers for your DNs with External Number Mask to present DDIs then the easiest way is to set the mask on the non-DDI extensions to your chosen number.

If your internal DNs for these non-DDI numbers are an easily identified number range you could use a translation on the gateway to convert these.

Or if your DDIs are easily recognised, then you could use a translation on the gateway that leaves these unchanged, but converts any unrecognised numbers to your chosen pilot number.