cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 4.1.3 SR5D Question

will-roach
Level 1
Level 1

If I have a clean install of Call Manager 4.1.3 and I apply SR5D to it, am I covered for the Daylight Savings Time problem, or do I need to manually patch the server for DST?

-Will

5 Replies 5

clarkjason
Level 1
Level 1

You should be covered

You will have to still use the TZedit tool to change the time period for the OS

Not familiar with this process. Are there instructions?

easy path :

install os2004.4.4a sr10

then apply SR5D.

it will take care of DST issue.

HTH

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Will,

The upgrade to 4.1(3)sr5d would contain the DST Patch. Here are all the things to also check.

Daylight Saving Time Solution Overview

Depending on the configuration, there are up to four software items which may be required to make a CallManager system Daylight Saving Time compliant.

CallManager Database Table update - ciscocm.4-1-3-2007-DST-Update.1-0-1.exe (you are covered on this one!)

Phone Loads - 8.2.2sr2 (or later) standalone phone load

***IMPORTANT NOTE***:

For 7906, 7911, 7941, 7961, 7970, 7971, in addition to the above phone loads, there is one manual workaround that will be needed in order to get the phones to display the correct time:

Reset the IP phone from the CCMAdmin for the phone to get the correct time.

Please be aware, that if for some reason, the phone is power cycled, the phones need to be reset from the CCMAdmin again for the phone to get the correct time.

JRE Patch - JRE Patch: (ciscocm-2007-JRE-DST-Update.1-0-1.exe)(you are covered on this one!)

This patch is only applicable to 3.3(5), 4.0(2a), 4.1(x), and 4.2(x). This patch enables CAR and AST to use the new Daylight Saving Time Zone.

Windows 2000 Patch - The Windows 2000 Daylight Saving Time patch is installed if any of these versions of MCS OSs are installed. All nodes are required to be on the same version. This patch affects CallManager tracefiles timestamps and the time display on the server's console.

2000.4.4a(sr3a) or higher (you are likely covered on this one, but check it out)

Shown nicely in this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00807e02b1.shtml

Also, have a close look at the attached doc;

Hope this helps and Happy Holidays!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: