Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 4.2 Directory

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am running call manager 4.2.

I need to configure the directory for the users manually in the call manager.

Can you pleas gudie me how i can do that.

Will be very grateful.

Thanks

Malik.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Just log in to ccmadmin on the publisher, then go to Users/Global Directory. There you can edit the user details and these are used to populate the directory.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Interesting!

Maybe you have a third party directory service. Take a look at these in Ccmadmin:

1) System/Enterprise Parameters - Look for the 'directories' URL.

2) If this points at the CUCM hostname or IP address, then browse to the URL with firefox. Post up what it returns - if you see nothing, select 'view source' in firefox.

3) Check a phone configuration page - it will also have a directories URL, so do the same thing with that.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi

OK - I think you have several problems!

1) You have no users configured on CUCM - that's why you see non in the users page. Can you try clicking 'Add a User' there and see if it allows you to do so?

2) Your phones may not be able to resolve cisco-3f06b3854. Can you replace the hostname part of the URL in the enterprise parameters page to the IP address of your publisher, and then reset the test phone and have another look at the directories menu?

Aaron

11 Replies 11

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Just log in to ccmadmin on the publisher, then go to Users/Global Directory. There you can edit the user details and these are used to populate the directory.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your reply.

I have like 400 users with extension numbers configured in the call manager.

But i am not able to configure the directory for the users.

Even when i click on the ip phone and look for the directory i could not find it.

As per for advise when i go to users/gloal directory and click and search for any user i could not see any user there.

I am also attaching the screen shoots for better understanding.

Please gudie me how i can accomplish this task.

will be grateful to you.

Thanks,

Malik

Interesting!

Maybe you have a third party directory service. Take a look at these in Ccmadmin:

1) System/Enterprise Parameters - Look for the 'directories' URL.

2) If this points at the CUCM hostname or IP address, then browse to the URL with firefox. Post up what it returns - if you see nothing, select 'view source' in firefox.

3) Check a phone configuration page - it will also have a directories URL, so do the same thing with that.

Aaron

i really appreciate your reponse.

please find attached the screen shoots.

yes i can see the call manager hostname in the URL  Directories

but when i browse that url to the browser it showes something like this

Select a directory

I would be grateful if you can have a look at the screen shoots and gudie me how we can fix this issue

thanks a lot

Malik

on my ip phone even i could not find anything like personal directory or corporate directory

please find attached screen shoot

Hi

OK - I think you have several problems!

1) You have no users configured on CUCM - that's why you see non in the users page. Can you try clicking 'Add a User' there and see if it allows you to do so?

2) Your phones may not be able to resolve cisco-3f06b3854. Can you replace the hostname part of the URL in the enterprise parameters page to the IP address of your publisher, and then reset the test phone and have another look at the directories menu?

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I am really thankful to you.

I will follow the steps which you mentioned i will let you know the results for sure.

Thanks a lot

Malik.

Dear Arron yes it worked

thanks a lot

so nice of you

Regards

Malik

Dear Aaron,

I have another query.

I am running Call Manager ver. 5.1

My Server Details are below:

MCS 7816H3

RAM: 2GB

Hard Drive: 2x160= 320 GB

Can you please tell me how i can migrate my MCS server to UCS C series C220.

I will be very thannkful if you can provide me the steps to follow for a successful migration

Regrads

Malik

Hi Malik

That's not related to this thread... and there's no need to cross post. I'll respond to your other thread.

Aaron

thanks a lot Aaron.

i was afraid that you might nor see my thread thats why i posted it here.

i have another question i have opened another post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: