cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CALL MANAGER 4 PERSONAL ADDRESS BOOK DATA EPORT

robert.cooley
Level 1
Level 1

We have previously upgrade our Call Manager 4.1 to CUCM 9 and I have come across a problem where the migration engineer pointed a Personal Address Book and Fast Dials service back to Call Manager 4.  I didn't find this out until I tried to turn Call Manger 4 off and I was infrmed by a user that access to their PAB was in error.

I know now that PAB and Fast Dial are included in the directories however the data on Call Manager requires exporting.  Being also aware that there is no import facility for this data into CUCM9 I was wondering:

1. Is is possible to export the PAB into a file on Call Manager 4?

2. Is there a way of importing this data into CUCM 9?  Manula process may be the only way

Any advice appreciated!

Bob

1 Reply 1

Cliff Campbell
Level 1
Level 1

Wowowow.  Let's hop into the wayback machine my friend!

All of that information was stored in DC Directory.  There's a DC Directory export program on the console that will dump the info stored there which includes PAB info for each user.  As I recall there were several options, so you'll have to play with the radio buttons but I think one of them was an 'all' button that should do what you want.

Manual input is definitely going to be your import option as the data comes out in an X.509-ish format.