cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 9 hunt group hold queue

Douglas Crane
Level 1
Level 1

A little bird told me that CUCM 9 will have hold queues for hunt groups natively. Can anyone confirm this for me?

And if so how would it be done?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can review the online documentation on that.

Hunt pilot setup

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide_chapter_0100101.html

Which after looking at, doesn't really show all the parameters I have in my lab 9.0(1).

And the actual documentation from the server is the same as the online page.

I'll just upload an image from the actual config for better reference.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can review the online documentation on that.

Hunt pilot setup

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide_chapter_0100101.html

Which after looking at, doesn't really show all the parameters I have in my lab 9.0(1).

And the actual documentation from the server is the same as the online page.

I'll just upload an image from the actual config for better reference.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Woot! Yes that was it! Good job bro!

One more question...

Is there a way to allow caller input during the hold queue? Such as press 1 to leave a message?

Unfortunately no, here is how it works:

While the calling party is in queue, the caller receives a MoH treatment depending upon the network MoH settings for that hunt pilot. There is option available to play the initial announcement first and then offer a call to a hunt pilot. If the call is not answered by any of the line members, the caller is placed on hold (in queue) with an announcement provided periodically in addition to MoH. The second option involves offering the call to a hunt pilot DN first, and then place caller on hold (in queue) if the call is not answered. Again, an announcement is provided periodically in addition to MoH. When a line member becomes available to answer the next caller in the queue, the call that has been in the queue the longest is offered to line member. If the line member does not answer the call, the caller is placed back in the queue at the same position.

HTH,

Chris

Damn... That makes this harder for me!

Can you think of a way to work around this limitation? How about forwarding to a unity con call handler and then back to the hold queue in periodic intervals? I know I am asking a lot but there needs to be a way for callers to get out of this...

Thanks for the quick response Chris! I'll rate..

I suppose you could try making the queue max timer small and send the call to UCON call handler and then back to CUCM hunt pilot if nothing is entered, the issue I see with this is infinite loop where call would go back and forth between CUCM and UCON, but in theory it should do what you want. To avoid the loop you could built multiple call handlers and hunt pilots and keep sending to different one where after several of these (depending on your length requirements) the call would end up in final queue that send the call to perhaps a general voicemail box.

HTH,

Chris