Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 9 UCL Licensing CTI

shakespeer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

we are currently building an offer for a customer including a Call Manager 9.

We have some users who want to use an ip phone (6921) and a softphone (ProCall Enterprise from Estos). My question is: does the softphone count as a full device und do I need to use an Enhanced Plus License? Or does the "normal" Enahnced User do?

Additionally: What do I need to configure if a user wants a third device (e.g. third party dect phone)?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normally softphone does count as an additional device, but since you are using 3rd party options, what are the devices defined as, i.e. 3rd party SIP?

Third device would require CUWL license or 2 separate UCL licenses.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for the response.

Yes, the softphones are defined as SIP.

From CM8.6 i know that there were adjunct licenses for additional endpoints for one user. Are these not available in V9 anymore?

Hi,

In addition to what Mr. Chris has said [+5], u can refer the table of license types in link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_0100100.html

you need to have Enhanced Plus UCL.

regds,

aman

Adjunct licenses are not longer applicable in version 9, everything is now controlled by ELM and either UCL or CUWL licenses are actually tracked.  For users with more than 2 devices (3-10) you need CUWL license. The licensing is driven by "owner id" assigned to the device, so if 3 devices have the same owner CUWL standard will be used, if you do not have CUWL license then 2 UCL licenses will be used.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: