Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager CTI Route Point to be controlled by user in Selfcare Portal

Hi

I am trying to figure out how to add a CTI Route Point to a user so that the user will be able to control the Route Point Number in terms off changing the forwarding. Ideally I would like the user to login to the self care portal and be able to alter the forwarding for the Route Point. I don't believe Shared Lines would be allowed here. Is that possible in some other ways?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If call forwarding to Unity is only job of CTI Route Point the you can replace it with DN.

Say 2001 RP Is used to forward call to Unity Then you can delete RP and use DN 2001 without impacting Time Scheduling and routing at time of day.

Another Option is to give user Restricted access to CUCM. You can create Custom Role and Group giving access to only the Route Points. SO that user can edit.

Thanks,
Haris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
User cannot control CTI Route Point
Try below

1) Create a Dummy Phone and assiciated DN with Dummy Phone.
2) Associated Dummy Phone with User, then user can control the Call fro wading via Portal

No need of CTI RP in this case, Normal DN Will also be sufficient
*** Please rate helpful post ; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks for input. The CTI Route Point is highly nessecary in this scenario as calls to the CTI Route Point is normally sent to Unity for time scheduling and routing at time of day. We need for some occasions to by-pass the forward to Unity and sent to a mobile phone instead. And that needs to be done by a user and not an admin. 

If call forwarding to Unity is only job of CTI Route Point the you can replace it with DN.

Say 2001 RP Is used to forward call to Unity Then you can delete RP and use DN 2001 without impacting Time Scheduling and routing at time of day.

Another Option is to give user Restricted access to CUCM. You can create Custom Role and Group giving access to only the Route Points. SO that user can edit.

Thanks,
Haris

Yes off course, Giving the user Restricted access to CUCM would solve my problem! Thanks!

User can control CTI just add the CTI to the User>>> Device information >>> add to "controlled devices".