cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Express drops final digit

putney_m
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a CME 8.6 system that is deployed in Brazil. Recently brazil has made a change to add an additional number in their cell phone numbers. When we try to call them the phone system drops the final digit we dial, even though the system has the dial peers for both the old and new patterns. Has anyone ever seen this type of behavior before? 

Thanks, 

Michael 

12 Replies 12

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael,

May be you could share your CME config and an example of the number you are dialing

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Alex,

I have attached a copy of the config off the router. Also the test number they are trying is 001532985086413.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Can you share the results of

show dialplan number 001532985086413

Regards
Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi,

Along with this command, please share the output of debug voice ccapi all and debug voice dialpeer

Here is the ouput of both the sh dialplan number and the debug voice ccapi inout.

Thanks,

Michael

Under dialpeer 62 you need to enter the command 'forward digit all'

That was added but it still drops the final digit. 

I also removed the prefix 0 from the dial peer and it still drops the last digit. Any other ideas?

Hi there,

The dial-peer being matched in your "debug_voice_ccapi_inout.txt" file is dial-peer 55 which would appear to be the incorrect dial-peer.

Called Number=00153298508641(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown), Calling Translated=FALSE,
   Subscriber Type Str=RegularLine, FinalDestinationFlag=FALSE, Outgoing Dial-peer=55, Call Count On=FALSE,

A couple items for you:

1. Are you using en-bloc dialing or off-hook dialing?

2. Can you please attach a "debug voice dialpeer" as requested by Mohammed al Baqari?

I have attached the debug voice dialpeer for your review. we tried both off hook and en-block dialing and we get the same result the system is not registering the final, 15th, digit entered.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael,

I don't think that the debug dialpeer was running successfully. As "debug dialpeer" has been deprecated.

rt073001#debug dialpeer 
This CLI command is now 'debug voip dialpeer all'

This is what a "show debug" looks like when a "debug voice dialpeer" all is active.

VGW#debug voice dialpeer
voip dialpeer default debugging is on
VGW#show debug

DIALPEER:
  debug voip dialpeer error call is ON (filter is OFF)
  debug voip dialpeer error software is ON
  debug voip dialpeer inout is ON (filter is OFF)

Can you please run a "debug voice dialpeer" and post the results again? You can use the "show debug" command to confirm that the correct debug is running.

Thanks!

I see you are adding a prefix 0 on dial-peer 62. Is there a specific reason for it?

Thanks,

VJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: