Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Express GUI - not showing all lines of a phone

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I have a customer running call manager express 7.1.  They have 2 7945 phones.  both of them have 2 lines on them and are working properly.

However, when you look at that phone via the GUI you only see 1 line on the systems.  in the IOS configuration you see both buttons but not in the GUI

Any idea what might cause this?

I tried under administration to Update System info, thinking it just needed to be resynced but that did not help.

If i look at other phones they have on the system (IP Communicators)  all the lines for that phone show up in the gui.

thanks for any insight

Ken

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You just found one CME GUI bug/limitation. There are many others.

ahh any known fix? or is it just common to see?

Gear Misner
Level 1
Level 1

This might be a long shot, but I have had problems viewing phone extension when I was using firefox, but when I switched to IE I could scroll down and see them all.  I don't know if this will work for you or if you just found a bug...

thanks Gear,

it seems to do the same in IE and firefox.

I'm opening a tac case to see if there is a fix out there.  If anyone can think of anything else to try please let me know

thanks!

Let us know what the TAC says - I'm afraid WAD after insistance.

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

I found the issue of this.

On a previous tac case on the same system the tac engineer had me downgrade the ios.  when we did that it actually dropped from CME 7 to CME 3.

So we put the old (later) ios back on.  Everything seemed to work up until i noticed the gui issue.

what the problem was, the gui version was still 3.0 and the cme was 7.1 so i got the gui files for that IOS and extracted them.

once i did that the gui worked fine.