Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager for Test environment

midhun_km
Level 1
Level 1

Dears Good Morning,

Currently we are working on the CUCM. 8.0 ,For a test enviromnet , i need to know a scaled down version of call manager that should  support all most all features of CUCM.

can i do all operations and feature using CME router or we need to arrange a CUCM itself for test environmnet......?

Midhun KM

6 Replies 6

Hello,

Honestly your question is not clear for me.

Are you looking for a test CCM ???

CUCM 8.0 is supported to be installed on VM on LAB on any server , and by default when you install the server from scratch , the server will come up with one node license and 50 device units , so i think they are more than enough for a test environent , as for the services , they will all work normally , you can also use the CME-SRST for test with the CUCM to show the power of the SRST and the differneces between express and CUCM server.

Amer

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

install call manager os on VMWARE u will be able to use everything... no need to get physical server

i did like this for my enviornment...

CME has some less features then proper call manager.. so dont make ur router as call manager use VM solution and can user anything like CUCM 6-7-8

Hi Dears,

I need to suggest my organization, a suitable environment for my collegue to test & study the things.

Currently I'm  using CUCM 8.1.(3a). What is the best solution for studing and testing All the features of CUCM for my collegue...?

if you guys suggest CME.....? which one is the high end CME that provide all most all the services like CUCM.

if suggest CUCM is there any need to setup a applaince ...?

Now i have all the DVD PACK of CUCM 8.0 (3a) we used for installation....

Can i use the same DVD to install it on the any other VM server....?

yes use the same dvds to install cucm 8 on vmware choose redhat as ur operating system done .. u will be able to do all ..

Jatinder Kumar

You know you are in love when you see the world in her eyes, and her eyes everywhere in the world.

Hi JK,

If, I setup CUCM on vmware ..Youo tiold you already setup this envoronment.....what about the licence..?how many phones i can register..?

Dear Midhun,

it has nothing to do with how many phones you can connect.. becoz every phone consumes a different number of license.. it comes with a totoal of 50 licenses which is sufficient for connecting 8 high end phones or... 12 medim level or.. 18 basic phones

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: