cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager in test environment, will prod phones register with test?

delacruze
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing Call Manager in a test environment which is located on a separate VLAN as our current production.  My question is whether phones will automatically register with test environment once it is online?  For example, we can ping between the VLANs and it is what we are afraid of.

4 Replies 4

in the dhcp for your test vlan assing the ip 150 option the tftp address of the cucm test

for second question.... depends by your network design

The test Pub/Sub is setup in a VLAN that is not an auxiliary (voice) VLAN and no option 150 TFTP has been configured on it.  I believe this will not cause production phones to attempt to register with the test servers.  Any thoughts?

put the phones on the vlan with different network compared to production, the and configure the dhcp for this different network you do not be afraid

the production phones are in other vlan with other dhcp scope, it's possible that the 2 networks are be able to communicate but is not  problem.

there is no impact if you make changes to CUCM of tes, you have two separate systems

Phones will only auto-register/register given these conditions (ALL of them):

A) They are either manually configured or via DHCP to get the IP/mask/default GW and TFTP server (pointing to your TFTP)

B) There is full connectivitty between phones and CUCM/TFTP servers

C) You have auto-registration enabled on the server you're pointing the phones or CUCM already has that phone configured.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: