cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call manager maximum rings?

gene
Level 1
Level 1

Running callmanager 7.1.5 with unity connection. Callers hit a call handler and dial an extension. The extension rings  30 times then the call drops. Don't ask why the call rings 30 times!! Is there a place in callmanager where the maximum number or rings are defined? I looked in service parameters and did not see anything.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

What exactly do you want the behavior to be?  30 would mean the phone was ringing for at least 2 minutes, maybe as much as 2 1/2.  How long should it ring?

For what it's worth, it's the T301 timer that's causing the call to terminate after 30 rings, but it's actually based on a number of milliseconds.  Default value is 180 seconds. 

Cliff

please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

What exactly do you want the behavior to be?  30 would mean the phone was ringing for at least 2 minutes, maybe as much as 2 1/2.  How long should it ring?

For what it's worth, it's the T301 timer that's causing the call to terminate after 30 rings, but it's actually based on a number of milliseconds.  Default value is 180 seconds. 

Cliff

please rate helpful posts

Thanks I know it sounds wierd but I want it to ring until the person calling gives up but it set it to the max 900 seconds. That should do it.